Hanoi green-lights 5 public projects worth US$76 million
The municipal People’s Council considers these projects necessary to aid the city’s socio-economic development process.
The 15th-tenure Hanoi People’s Council at its 19th session today [March 29] ratified a resolution on the investment of five projects using the state budget worth a combined of VND1.75 trillion (US$76 million), with the endorsement of 100% of its deputies present.
|Deputies of Hanoi People's Council at the meeting. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
Among those projects, the city is set to allocate VND1.64 trillion (US$71.1 million) from its municipal budget for road upgrading projects, including the expansion of two national highway 21B sections in Ung Hoa and Thanh Oai districts in the city's southern area; and the construction of road connecting Do Nhuan street to Xuan Dinh market in Bac Tu Liem district.
The municipal People’s Council also agreed investment in resettlement area at Hong Ky ward, Soc Son district, where will be home to residents living in the surroundings of the Soc Son waste treatment complex.
Meanwhile, the project of renovating Hoan Kiem lake area with lighting system and decoration is set to utilize fund from Hoan Kiem district.
The Economic-Finance Committee under the municipal People’s Council considered these projects necessary to complete the city’s transport infrastructure and serve the socio-economic development process.
- Vietnam, Australia eye stronger multifaced cooperation
- Hanoi plans new rules on parking
- Hanoi strives to become key pomelo-growing area
- Hanoi raised US$1.3 million for Sea and Islands Fund
- New national-standard schools in Hanoi accredited
- District-level planning key for completing Hanoi’s 2021-2030 master plan: Experts
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
Vietnam, Australia eye stronger multifaced cooperation
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam's GDP growth expands by 3.32% in Q1
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world