Second rice ATM operated in Hanoi to help needy people overcome Covid-19
The rice dispenser is of great support for underprivileged people.
Starting from April 13, the second rice "ATM," an automatic rice dispensing machine, has been set up to help those who are stricken by the Covid-19 pandemic after the first one was launched in Cau Giay district on April 11.
The second rice dispenser is located in the Culture – Sports Center of Bac Tu Liem district.
|The rice dispenser starts giving out rice for free from 8:00 to 17:00 every day until April 30.|
Tran The Cuong, chairman of the Bac Tu Liem district People’s Committee, said that ensuring rice for the people should be the priority for now as many are left without income due to the stay-at-home order to prevent coronavirus contagion.
Those who come to receive rice are asked to wear face masks and comply with anti-pandemic measures in public places. As well, they are not given plastic bags but have to bring one from home to avoid dumping plastic waste.
|Volunteers write down information of people who came to receive rice on April 14 morning.|
They have to clean their hands with antiseptic solution before operating the dispensing machine.
People keep a minimum distance of 2m from each other in the queue. Each person is given free 3kg of rice every day.
Benefactors contribute rice to help the vulnerable people.
Bags of rice to feed the machine.
On April 11, the first rice ATM was launched by Nguyen Manh Hung and his partners Nghia Tan ward, Cau Giay district.
- Breathtaking lotus pond outside Hanoi
- Hanoi dyked with red phoenix blossom
- Hanoi streets livened up by Osaka blossoms
- Beauty of Mu Cang Chai's flooded rice fields
- A taste of yellow leaves on Hanoi's most romantic street
- French delegation enjoys tour to Trang An beauty spot
- Australian Governor-General welcomed in Hanoi
- Bucida molinetii with small green leaves, amazingly photogenic corners in Hanoi
- Hanoi coated with charming vibrancy of brilliant yellow flowers
- Docynia Indica blossoms brighten Vietnam’s northwest region
New deals inked during Australia PM’s visit to Vietnam
Vietnam News Highlights for June 4, 2023
Covid-19 meets criteria for influenza status in Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options