Hanoi has new mayor
The newly appointed chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee said he is committed to serving the people and listening to the public to ensure efficiency in the city’s governance.
Minister of Science and Technology Chu Ngoc Anh has been elected as the new chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee at an extraordinary meeting of the municipal People’s Council today [September 25] with unanimous endorsement.
|Hanoi leaders congratulates Mr. Anh on his new position.
The move came just one week after the Politburo, the country’s supreme decision-making body, approved Mr. Anh to the position of Deputy Secretary of Hanoi’s Party Committee.
At the gathering today, deputies of the Hanoi People’s Council agreed to relieve Mr. Nguyen Duc Chung from the city government’s chairman position who has been suspended from all duties and under police custody due to his involvement in some criminal cases since August 28.
Hanoi’s newly-appointed mayor said this is a major honor but also a huge responsibility, and affirmed his commitment to serving the people and listening to the public to ensure efficiency in the city’s governance.
Born in Ba Vi district of Hanoi, Mr. Anh, 55, holds a PhD degree and assumed various important positions in the Party and the government.
Starting off as a lecturer of the Institute for Technical Physics under the Hanoi University of Science and Technology in 1988, Mr. Anh took over his first major political position as Deputy Minister of Science and Technology in August 2010.
In March 2013, he was designated Deputy Secretary of the Phu Tho Provincial Party committee and two months later appointed Chairman of the Phu Tho Provincial People’s Committee.
He returned to the position of Deputy Minister of Science and Technology in September 2015 and was promoted to Minister of Science and Technology from April 2016.
The Vietnamese National Assembly is expected to release Mr. Anh from the minister position in the upcoming sitting next month.
- Hanoi to build a digital map system for smart tourism
- Hanoi issues digital database development plan for 2024
- East meets West in French colonial villas
- "The Sound of Hanoi" song composition contest debuts
- Hanoi to approve capital planning for 2021-2030 in March
- Hanoi offers conditions for overseas Vietnamese's contributions at home
- Pen-brush opening ceremony: Vietnam's tradition honors learning
- Traditional rice cooking festival in Hanoi enthralls locals and tourists
- Hanoi works to reduce pollution in craft villages
- Foreign poets to recite at Vietnam Poetry Day
Hanoi to build a digital map system for smart tourism
Vietnam news in brief - February 25
Hanoi saves land for social housing
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22
Vietnam news in brief - February 21
Vietnam joins mega multinational naval exercise
Liên kết hữu ích
- tư vấn pháp luật trực tuyến