Hanoi has new transportation and logistics center
The center will provide logistics and e-commerce services in the capital city and the northern region of Vietnam.
A transportation and logistics center and a cross belt automatic sorting system were launched by Vietnam Post on August 15 in Me Linh District, on the outskirts of Hanoi.
|Vietnam Post's cross belt automatic sorting system. Photo: Vietnam Post|
The 28,000 m2 center is expected to facilitate goods circulation as well as international mail and postal shipment exchange for 21 northern provinces and cities.
This is an important infrastructure in providing logistics and e-commerce services in the Northern region and Hanoi, meeting the needs of Vietnam Post, the Vietnamese postal service provider, and the diverse requirements of customers in the context of the growing e-commerce scene.
The cross belt automatic sorting system at the center has a capacity of more than 24,000 packages per hour. With the application of artificial intelligence, the system allows for dividing and sorting out packages at high speed and dispatching them.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Chu Quang Hao, General Director of Vietnam Post Corporation said, once this center goes into operation, it will help Vietnam Post improve productivity, service quality and reduce up to 70% of the time of delivery.
“The operation of the center will help us modernize the infrastructure of production organization in the direction of automation throughout the network,” he emphasized.
He added that the management system helps technicians operate remotely and obtain the operation information of output, the efficiency of sorting as well as choose different operating plans that are suitable for reality.
In March, Vietnam Post launched the Hanoi e-commerce delivery center, which operates six large hubs specializing in e-commerce goods throughout the city. This year, it set a target of handling nearly 48.2 million tons of e-commerce goods.
- US urged to recognize Vietnam’s market economy status
- Vietnam desires stronger ties between ASEAN and China
- PM seeks stronger transport links with China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
- Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh touches down in China for Expo and summit
- Vietnam facilitates China-Southeast Asia economic cooperation
- The Hanoi Great Souvenirs 2023 fair opens
- Walmart supports Vietnamese businesses in expanding global reach
- Billion-dollar deals signed during US President Biden’s visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam, US upgrade ties to Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
- Biden's trip to Vietnam to boost bilateral economic ties
Photos on circular economy show new perspectives
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters