Hanoi Party chief visits Laos
The visit is set to strengthen cooperation in all fields between Vietnam and Laos in general, and Hanoi and Vientiane in particular.
A high-level delegation of Hanoi led by the municipal Secretary of the Party Committee Dinh Tien Dung visited Vientiane, Laos, from April 3 to 5.
|Hanoi Party chief Dinh Tien Dung visits Laos from April 3-5.
The visit aims to strengthen cooperation in all fields between Vietnam and Laos in general, and Hanoi and Vientiane in particular, and is among a series of activities celebrating the 60th anniversary of the diplomatic establishment (September 5, 1962 – September 5, 2022), and 45th anniversary of signing the Friendship and Cooperation Treaty between Vietnam and Laos (July 18, 1977 – July 18, 2022).
The agenda of the visit includes meetings with the General Secretary of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party Thongloun Sisoulith, President of the National Assembly Saysomphone Phomvihane, and Prime Minister Phankham Viphavanh.
Hanoi’s Secretary of the Party Committee Dinh Tien Dung would also meet his Vientiane counterpart Anouphap Tounalom, to discuss a memorandum of understanding for cooperation between the two cities for the 2022-2025 period and which would serve as the basis for bilateral cooperation in the coming time.
- Hanoi issues digital database development plan for 2024
- East meets West in French colonial villas
- "The Sound of Hanoi" song composition contest debuts
- Hanoi to approve capital planning for 2021-2030 in March
- Hanoi offers conditions for overseas Vietnamese's contributions at home
- Pen-brush opening ceremony: Vietnam's tradition honors learning
- Traditional rice cooking festival in Hanoi enthralls locals and tourists
- Hanoi works to reduce pollution in craft villages
- Foreign poets to recite at Vietnam Poetry Day
- Hanoi set to hold dialogue with businesses to facilitate growth
Vietnam to produce clean hydrogen by 2030
PM urges major mobile carriers to lead in semiconductor chip research
Hanoi issues digital database development plan for 2024
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22
Vietnam news in brief - February 21
Vietnam joins mega multinational naval exercise
National status for Hanoi's intangible heritage