Hanoi plans to repair busy bridge crossing Red river
If approved by the Hanoi People's Committee, one of Hanoi’s major bridges will be repaired in 2020-2021.
Hanoi’s Department of Transport on August 23 requested the authorization from the municipal government to repair Chuong Duong bridge, one of the main arterial thoroughfares connecting northern and northeastern provinces, VnExpress reported.
|Chuong Duong bridge connects Hoan Kiem and Long Bien districts in Hanoi. Photo: Nhat Quang|
In its request, the department said after 35 years in operation, many parts and structures of Chuong Duong bridge have been damaged and deteriorated.
The asphaltsurface of the bridge deck is cracked; the steel truss of the upper structure is wearing out.
Also, the bridge railing is only 1.1 meters high from the bridge surface, together with the small concrete edge, they are not safe for traffic.
The Department of Transport said that the above-mentioned damage would not affect the stability and load bearing capacity of the bridge, but if it is not repaired and strengthened in time, its deterioration would worsen in the time ahead.
If approved by the Hanoi People's Committee, Chuong Duong bridge will be repaired in 2020-2021.
Built from 1983 to 1986, Chuong Duong bridge was the first big bridge in Vietnam designed and built without foreign technical assistance.
Connecting Hoan Kiem and Long Bien districts, the bridge is 1,230 meters long with four two-way traffic lanes. It was built to help ease the traffic burden on the iconic Long Bien bridge.
Currently, Thang Long bridge, one of the first bridges connecting two banks of the Red river in Hanoi, is under comprehensive overhaul. The Ministry of Transport has asked relevant bodies to complete repairing its surfaceby September.
Thang Long bridge has a total length of 1.6km and spans the Red river, connecting Hanoi’s downtown with Noi Bai International Airport and the northern provinces with the capital city.
- Hanoi to host the Vietnam-France partnership conference in 2023
- South Korea eyes investment in transport infrastructure in Hanoi
- ADB’s assistance key for Hanoi's main infrastructure projects: Mayor
- Hanoi wants to make Red River Delta a Southeast Asia modern services hub
- Hanoi teacher devotes life to teach students in southern battlefield
- Building a creative city with thousand-year cultural identity
- Hanoi should expand green space for sustainable urban development: Experts
- Hanoi rebuilds tourism for future
- Hanoi advances public investment at year-end: Mayor
- Hanoi FC wins national cup for third time with two masterpieces
Hanoi wants to make Red River Delta a Southeast Asia modern services hub
Hanoi Tourism Ao Dai Festival 2022 to be held next week
Library of antique books and newspapers for Hanoi lovers
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam
Hanoi: Asia's Leading Tourism Destination 2022
Director Dang Nhat Minh honored with film on Hanoi lives