Hanoi: Series of activities open to mark 15th Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day
A host of activities such as exhibitions, seminars, music, and fashion shows will be held around the Hanoi Old Quarter.
From November 20, a series of cultural activities entitled “Thang Long Memories” will be held at many locations in Hanoi's Old Quarter to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day (November 23).
Ao dai show at the Temple of Literature. Photo: Lai Tan (Kinh te & Do thi)
The Management Board of the Hanoi Old Quarter has worked with related agencies and individuals to launch exhibitions, seminars, music and fashion performances.
The workshop "Traditional Ao Dai and its conservation and development in the modern society" will take place on November 21 at the Hanoi Old Quarter Culture Exchange Center, opening the celebration program.
On the same day, the exhibition “Viet Thien Thi - Thousand Years of Culture” will open to introduce a poetry book created in the Ly - Tran dynasties (11th to 14th centuries) and a set of illustrations printed on Do (artesanally made) paper by writer Nguyen Duy together with folk artifacts - materials. The exhibition will last until December 15.
On November 21, a traditional music program “Viet Thien Am” will be held on the third floor of the Hanoi Old Quarter Culture Exchange Center. The music program is based on the Vietnamese Zen poems in combination with other traditional arts.
From November 20 to 29, at the Heritage House 87 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, there will be a program to introduce the tea culture titled "Ancient San Tuyet Tay Con Linh, Ha Giang - Integration and Development.” A performance of the Hanoi Ca Tru Club is scheduled to be staged at 8pm on November 20 at Kim Ngan Temple in 42, 44 Hang Bac, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
Besides, a fashion show called "Street Story" will be held at 7.30pm on November 22 at the lobby of the Hanoi Old Quarter Culture Exchange Center.
- Lesser-known ‘treasures’ in Hanoi's largest pomelo hub
- Vibrant festival honors ancient Thang Long Citadel protector
- Centuries-long lake in Hanoi gets facelift
- Hanoi to launch tour to introduce ancient architecture of Ly Dynasty
- The craft village that earns living by hammering in the capital
- One Pillar Pagoda: a symbol of Hanoi's millennial culture
- Untold story of an ancient village in the heart of Hanoi
- Hanoi's expo honors Vietnam's natural heritage values
- Numerous activities to celebrate 200th anniversary of Hanoi’s Ancient Fortress
- Finding historical and cultural values of Vietnamese people in the Ceramics Museum
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam News Highlights for June 3, 2023
International Yoga Day 2023 celebrated across nation
Vietnamese Government urged to ban e-cigarettes
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options