Hanoi starts fining people for not wearing face masks in public
Hanoi is determined to contain the spread the pandemic, stated mayor Nguyen Duc Chung.
From August 7, Hanoi will penalize people who do not wear face masks in public and request strict compliance of anti-coronavirus measures at offices and public places across the city.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc addresses the meeting of the National Standing Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control on August 7.
Speaking at the meeting of the National Standing Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control on August 7, Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung said that the city is at high risk of infection in the community. Therefore, local people's awareness of preventing and fighting Covid-19, such as self-isolating, wearing face masks in public, washing hand with disinfectant, keeping a safe distance between people is key to prevent the novel coronavirus from spreading.
Given the complicated developments of Covid-19, the city also proposed Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc issue a higher warning level in the capital city.
Hanoi is determined to contain the spread the pandemic, stated mayor Chung.
On August 5, Ho Chi Minh City, the largest city in Vietnam, officially required people to wear face masks in public places as well as applying administrative sanctions for anyone who does not comply with the regulation.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc emphasized at a recent meeting that wearing face masks is compulsory, especially in public places, big cities, pandemic-hit areas. Local authorities are requested to control the supply and trade of face masks.
Hanoi continues to implement precautionary measures namely contact tracing, wear of face masks in public places, as well as banning bars, karaoke parlors, sidewalk stalls, festivals, and sporting events with massive gatherings.
Since the Covid-19 resurgence in Danang in late July, Hanoi has recorded five Covid-19 cases.
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Hanoi urged to speed up digital transformation in smart city construction
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world