Hanoi targets speedy construction of Nam Son waste treatment plant
The plant is expected to become fully operational in 2021, Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen The Hung has said.
Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen The Hung on October 23 inspected the construction progress of the Nam Son waste treatment plant – phase 2.
|Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen The Hung (middle) at the construction site.|
At the construction site, General Director of Hanoi Urban Environment Company (URENCO) Nguyen Huu Tien informed that the Soc Son waste treatment complex receives around 5,000 tons of garbage, or 77% of total dumped daily in Hanoi. The amount has exceeded the capacity of the complex by over 50%, he noted.
Regarding the progress of the Nam Son waste treatment plant – phase 2, a representative of the Project Management Unit of Hanoi’s Project in water provision, discharge and environment project said unfavorable weather conditions over the past few days have caused difficulties for constructors.
Moreover, the clear site has not been fully handed over to constructors, so the progress is still behind schedule.
|Part of the construction site.|
Vice Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen The Hung requested local authorities in Soc Son district to continue supporting constructors in the Nam Son waste treatment plant – phase 2 project, while ensuring that the current complex continues receiving around 5,000 tons of garbage daily.
Mr. Hung expected the plant to fully operate in 2021, urging constructors and the Project Management Unit to speed up the construction process.
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Hanoi urged to speed up digital transformation in smart city construction
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world