Hanoi targets speedy construction of Nam Son waste treatment plant
The plant is expected to become fully operational in 2021, Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen The Hung has said.
Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen The Hung on October 23 inspected the construction progress of the Nam Son waste treatment plant – phase 2.
|Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen The Hung (middle) at the construction site.|
At the construction site, General Director of Hanoi Urban Environment Company (URENCO) Nguyen Huu Tien informed that the Soc Son waste treatment complex receives around 5,000 tons of garbage, or 77% of total dumped daily in Hanoi. The amount has exceeded the capacity of the complex by over 50%, he noted.
Regarding the progress of the Nam Son waste treatment plant – phase 2, a representative of the Project Management Unit of Hanoi’s Project in water provision, discharge and environment project said unfavorable weather conditions over the past few days have caused difficulties for constructors.
Moreover, the clear site has not been fully handed over to constructors, so the progress is still behind schedule.
|Part of the construction site.|
Vice Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen The Hung requested local authorities in Soc Son district to continue supporting constructors in the Nam Son waste treatment plant – phase 2 project, while ensuring that the current complex continues receiving around 5,000 tons of garbage daily.
Mr. Hung expected the plant to fully operate in 2021, urging constructors and the Project Management Unit to speed up the construction process.
- Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
- Hanoi supports Vientiane manufacturers in marketing
- Hanoi to spend nearly $3.9ml on overseas training for public officials
- Promotion week of Chi Lang custard apple opens
- Hanoi, Vientiane share experience in improving efficiency of elected bodies
- Hanoi and Hoa Binh join hands to promote agro-produce sale
- Hanoi commits to taking relations with Vientiane to new height
- Prices of flowers and fruits for July full moon day up in Hanoi
- Exhibition enhances Hanoi-Vientiane relationship
- Hanoi-Vientiane cooperation strengthened in all spheres
Vietnam’s middle power diplomacy in ASEAN
Hotels in Hanoi heat up mooncake season
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM