Hanoi to host Southeast Asian Youth Festival in celebration of SEA Games 31
The festival aims at fostering the connection among young people from Southeast Asian countries.
The Southeast Asian Youth Festival to celebrate SEA Games 31 is slated for May 7-8 at the Hanoi pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem Lake, according to Hanoi Youth Union.
Southeast Asian Youth Festival will be a joyful cultural event in Hanoi to celebrate SEA Games 31. Photo: www.seagames2021.com
Expected to attract over 10,000 participants, including youth delegates from 11 Southeast Asian states and 5,000 volunteers in the capital, the festival aims at fostering the connection among young people from Southeast Asian countries as well as introducing to international friends about the cultural traditions, socio-economic potential and achievements of Hanoi during the past years.
The highlight activities of the festival are a street carnival, an exhibition of national flowers, national costumes of Southeast Asian countries, and booths to introduce Southeast Asian cuisine that will be held in the area surrounding the Hoan Kiem Lake.
In addition, a walking event themed “For a United ASEAN”, a street art festival titled “For a Stronger ASEAN”, and a student music festival to welcome SEA Games 31 will be organized.
Most notably, a delegation made up of representatives of the 11 Southeast Asian states will visit sightseeing spots throughout Hanoi and some of the competition venues for the SEA Games 31.
Themed “For a stronger South East Asia”, SEA Games 31 will run from May 12 to 23 in 12 provinces and cities throughout Vietnam, of which, Hanoi is the main host holding the opening and closing ceremonies of the SEA Games, sideline events and most of the competitions of the games.
- Literature fosters Franco-Vietnamese cultural ties
- Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
- VYO Grand Concert 2023 to spread love for classical music to youth
- Dong Son bronze drum shows strong vitality of Vietnamese culture
- Vietnam Cultural Heritage Festival to bring heritage to public
- Glimpse of contemporary Italian cinema at Italian Film Festival 2023 in Hanoi
- Over 30 Vietnamese national intangible heritage added
- Hanoi: Imperial archives unveiled
- Rolling train kicks off Hanoi Creative Design Festival 2023
- Bangladeshi artists stage 'Legend of Youth' by Hanoi director
Hanoi is World's Leading City Break Destination
Vietnam news in brief - December 5
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries