Hanoi welcomes close economic partnership with New Zealand
A priority for cooperation between New Zealand and Vietnam in general, and Hanoi in particular, would be the agricultural sector.
Hanoi welcomes New Zealand’s investors to come to the city and search for business opportunities.
|Overview of the meeting. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Tran Sy Thanh gave the remarks during a meeting with New Zealand Ambassador to Vietnam Tredene Dobson today [September 21].
Thanh expressed his delight at the improvements in relations between Vietnam and New Zealand in general, and Hanoi and New Zealand’s localities in particular.
He called for the ambassador in her term will further contribute to taking bilateral relations and that of the two capital cities to a new height.
Thanh said despite the severe impacts of Covid-19 over the past two years, cooperation between Hanoi and New Zealand has been on a steady rise, saying New Zealand’s agricultural products and fruits have fast become locals’ favorite.
He added as the city is pushing to become a modern city and promoting the development of a green and circular economy, experiences from other cities around the world, including New Zealand’ are valuable.
New Zealand’s Ambassador Tredene Dobson thanked the local authorities for supporting the Embassy’s operation and expected a close cooperation partnership in the coming time.
According to the ambassador, Vietnam has huge potential for agricultural development and could expand its farm produce exports to any markets in the world.
Since 2021, many New Zealand companies have chosen Vietnam as the destination for investment.
A priority for cooperation between New Zealand and Vietnam in general, and Hanoi in particular, would be the agricultural sector, she said.
She noted the Embassy is carrying out several public projects to support socially vulnerable groups, including a green space project for young people in Hoan Kiem districts, to address health issues in the post-pandemic period.
- Hanoi must highlight talent recruitment in the amended Capital Law: law lecturers
- Fidel’s affection for Vietnam symbolizes deep bond between two countries
- Decentralizaion on agenda for Hanoi decision makers
- Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
- Lotte Group pledges to invest in Hanoi's development projects
- Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 to boost capital tourism
- Amended Capital Law: Hanoi needs more power
- Hanoi's US$2.8 billion fifth metro line project approved
- Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
- Hanoi, Shenzhen eye partnerships in urban and public transport development
Photos on circular economy show new perspectives
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters