Hanoian students bag gold medals at International Physics Olympiad 2021
The result has marked the capital city's quality of high school education.
Three Hanoi students pocketed gold medals at International Physics Olympiad 2021, according to the Education Quality Assurance Department under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET).
Vietnamese students attending the International Physics Olympiad 2021. Photo: The Education Quality Assurance Department
The three gold medals were conferred to Nguyen Manh Quan and Tran Quang Vinh (Hanoi - Amsterdam Gifted High School), Trang Dao Cong Minh (National Science Gifted High School of the Hanoi National University). Notably, Quan received the APhO President’s certificate of merit for recording the highest score at the event, making him the first Vietnamese student to earn the achievement.
The two silver medals were awarded to Nguyen Trong Thuan (from Lam Son Gifted High School, Thanh Hoa Province) and Bui Thanh Tan (from Phan Boi Chau Gifted High School, Nghe An Province), the department added.
Given these achievements, Vietnam came 7th among 78 countries and territories participating in the International Physics Olympiad 2021 hosted online by Lithuania.
In Vietnam, the online contest was held at the Hanoi National University of Education, which was carefully prepared and met all the requirements of the organizer.
“Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the excellent result is more meaningful and reaffirms Vietnam’s quality of high school education and shows the right direction in selecting and training gifted students," said a representative from the Education Quality Assurance Department.
- Localities to play key role in national image building
- USAID and Vietnam partner to improve quality of Vietnamese higher education
- UK-Vietnam partnerships for digital transformation
- Hanoi's students pocket seven medals at IOAA 2022
- Hanoi’s education sector maintains its leading position in the country
- Hanoi's students to begin new academic year on September 5
- US helps strengthen Vietnam's higher education in US$14-million partnership
- ASEAN roadmap 2025 to realize a common higher education space in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam urged to renovate education for SDG target
- Entire Vietnamese team bag gold at International Chemistry Olympiad 2022
Hanoi's GRDP growth surges 9.69% in nine months
Vietnam records first monkeypox case
Vietnam among fastest growing economies in East Asia – Pacific region: WB
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100