Hanoians excited with magnificent Caribbean Trumpet bloom
Caribbean trumpet trees bloom profusely around March, drawing a large number of people to take photos.
Caribbean Trumpet trees (Tabebuia aurea) of yellow blossoms excite Hanoians in a spectacular display of color amid partly cloudy weather during the seasonal change between spring and summer.
The Hanoi Times helps you explore the spectacular bloom.
The dry season-deciduous tree makes the scenery magnificent.
The trumpet-shaped flower, native to South America, appears briefly so it draws many people, mainly young ones, coming to take photos.
Caribbean Trumpet flowers are making a place in the outskirts of Hanoi one of the most popular flowering areas in recent years as it flowers profusely these days in March.
It is a popular ornamental tree in subtropical and tropical regions, grown for its spectacular flower display on leafless shoots at the end of spring.
The most spectacular blooming occurs after a tree has lost all its leaves and its branches are bare.
It begins blooming when the leaves start to drop and the ephemeral blossom season lasts for around 16 days.
The flowers are bright yellow, up to 6.5 cm in diameter.
The spectacular display of yellow beautifies the residential area.
- Hanoi's Imperial Citadel recreates ritual ceremony to commemorate emperors
- Amazing procession at Hai Ba Trung temple festival in Hanoi
- Hanoi's Saint Giong Festival underway
- Huong Pagoda Festival ready for inauguration
- Hanoi buzzes with Tet spirit
- Hanoi's flower village bustling with Tet preparations
- Hanoi is smoggy like Sapa
- Hanoi youth in ao dai pose for Tet photo
- Restoring old French-style villas: Preserving Hanoi's past
- White apricot blossom – an elegant hobby of Hanoians
Vietnam gears up efforts to establish domestic carbon market
Hanoi shows strong backing for financial tower project
Vietnam inspires global sustainable development: UN Coordinator
Tales of recruits: Answering the nation’s call
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22
Vietnam news in brief - February 21