Hanoi’s air quality on February 2 harmful to human health
Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in Hanoi today was in the range of from 138 to 183.
Hanoi’s air quality on February 2 worsened at many monitoring stations to mostly at bad and very bad levels, and severely affects human health, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
On February 2 afternoon, the AEP informed that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 138 to 183.
The AEP stressed that the AQI went orange and red in many areas, particularly Minh Khai (183), Hang Dau (177), Pham Van Dong (172), Hoan Kiem (165), Kim Lien (156), Tan Mai (138), among others.
In the previous days, Hanoi's air quality had positive changes, with AQI was mostly at good and average levels at all ten monitoring stations. However, the readings recorded on February 2 tended to increase considerably.
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
The AEP recommends sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
People should reduce activities that cause air pollution such as burning waste, cooking by charcoal stoves, transporting construction waste without shielding.
Information on the capital city’s air quality is continuously updated at the website: https://moitruongthudo.vn/ and https://airhanoi.hanoi.gov.vn/.
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Hanoi urged to speed up digital transformation in smart city construction
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world