Hanoi’s air quality on February 2 harmful to human health
Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in Hanoi today was in the range of from 138 to 183.
Hanoi’s air quality on February 2 worsened at many monitoring stations to mostly at bad and very bad levels, and severely affects human health, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
On February 2 afternoon, the AEP informed that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 138 to 183.
The AEP stressed that the AQI went orange and red in many areas, particularly Minh Khai (183), Hang Dau (177), Pham Van Dong (172), Hoan Kiem (165), Kim Lien (156), Tan Mai (138), among others.
In the previous days, Hanoi's air quality had positive changes, with AQI was mostly at good and average levels at all ten monitoring stations. However, the readings recorded on February 2 tended to increase considerably.
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
The AEP recommends sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
People should reduce activities that cause air pollution such as burning waste, cooking by charcoal stoves, transporting construction waste without shielding.
Information on the capital city’s air quality is continuously updated at the website: https://moitruongthudo.vn/ and https://airhanoi.hanoi.gov.vn/.
- Draft amended Capital Planning on track for submission to parliament in late October
- Hanoi highlights education as key cooperation with Australia
- Hanoi Deputy Party Chief visits Vietnam Design Week 2023
- Hanoi Book Festival 2023: Spreading reading culture
- Hanoi, Guangzhou ink cooperation MoU
- Hanoi Party Chief expects stronger ties with Guangdong Province
- Hanoi Party Chief begins a five-day visit to Beijing
- Hanoi inks tourism agreement with northern provinces, cities
- Hanoi to hold capital planning conference in late September
- Amended Capital Law to govern the city-within-a-city model
Vietnam’s economy remains resilient amid weakening global demand
Vietnam news in brief - September 27
Hanoi's road patching heroes: For the safety of road travelers
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting