May 03, 2016 / 09:51
Hue Festival: Art performances impress visitors
A number of art performances by both domestic and foreign artists were organised at different stages of the ongoing Hue Festival in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue on May 1, making strong impressions on locals and visitors.
At Dien Tho palace, performances of Vietnamese traditional music, including “nha nhac” (royal court music) – a UNESCO-recognised world intangible heritage, ca tru (ceremonial singing), and bai choi performances(a traditional Vietnamese game combining folklore singing and picks from a deck of card), attracted a lot of audiences.
Visitors to the festival were also impressed by programmes conducted by five art troupes from France, especially a street parade of a 7.5m-high puppet of the troupe L’Homme Debout.
Meanwhile, artists from Russia entertained visitors with the country’s folk songs at the Kien Trung palace stage.
Earlier on April 30, an ao dai (traditional long dress) festival, themed “Where the legend begins”, took place at the Bia Quoc Hoc stage, drawing thousands of visitors.
More than 10 designers from the three northern, central and southern regions of Vietnam introduced to audience their excellent collections.
Within the framework of the event, the provincial authorities decided to use cyclos to serve tourists.
According to the local Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the locality welcomed 1.1 million tourist arrivals in the first four months of 2016, up 12.6 percent year-on-year, of which 397,770 are foreigners.
It earned more than 1 trillion VND (45 million USD) from tourism services in the period.
- Children painting during the Hanoi Autumn Festival 2023
- Fabric scrap costumes wins Design by Vietnam contest
- Hanoi photographer honored at International Photography Awards 2023
- Vietnam to send 'Glorious Ashes' to 2024 Academy Awards
- Hanoian beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2023
- Branding music festivals requires breakthrough solutions
- Hanoi: Exhibition of children's paintings to celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival
- No fear of obesity with unique mooncakes
- Vietnam's 54 ethnic minorities featured on Google Arts
- Photo exhibition showcases Vietnamese heritage to the delight of Hanoians
Green Future promotes Vietnam-Denmark cooperation for sustainable growth
Vietnam news in brief - October 3
Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
Decentralization, regulatory reform, fair compensation key to accelerating Hanoi's urban rail project
Hanoian beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2023
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation