Japan Foundation launches Teru Teru Bouzu Making Contest
Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam organizes the online contest entitled ‘Teru Teru Bouzu - Shine through the Covid Storm’ to bring joy to people who are confined at home to avoid the Covid-19 pandemic.
People of all ages and nationalities are invited to attend the Teru Teri Bouzu doll-making contest and get a chance to win various interesting gifts from the organizer.
|The interesting contest of making Teru Booze Bouzu dolls will last until October 3. Photo courtesy of The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam|
The event is scheduled to take place online on the contest’s webpage from August 27 to October 3. The contest registration is available at https://forms.gle/aaCBn15oS3Y9eM1t5.
The results will be announced within one week after the contest closes.
Participants in the contests will make the Teru Booze Bouzu according to instructed video or create their own dolls; take photos or make a video recording of the doll-making process, and upload the photo or clip to the event page with a description and the hashtag #jfteruteru. Descriptions may include explanations about the materials, the ideas, or positive wishes, among others.
Teru Booze Bouzu is a small traditional handmade doll from white paper or cloth that Japanese farmers hang outside their window with a string. This talisman is supposed to have magical powers to bring good weather and to stop or prevent a rainy day. Thus, some of them are usually hung on the balcony or window during the rainy season.
The gray sky and the sound of the rain sometimes make people sorrow, so in Japanese custom, people make this little doll with a wish in their heart: “Tomorrow the sun will shine bright.”
- Japanese comic book themed Vietnamese football launched
- “S-Express Vietnam 2022” introduces Southeast Asia short films in Vietnam
- Vietnam Youth Theater to stage Norwegian play
- Hanoi hosts International Master Chess Tournament
- Photo exhibition pays tribute to revolutionary meritorious persons
- Exhibition pay tribute to war heroes and martyrs in Hoa Lo Prison
- Pico Play to open new facility in Haiphong this year
- Hanoi International Film Festival 2022 to open in November
- Vietnamese photographer to be a visual storyteller on Discovery
- Lao Culture Week in Hanoi, Danang and Hoi An
Vietnam’s middle power diplomacy in ASEAN
Hotels in Hanoi heat up mooncake season
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM