July 31: Vietnam’s daily coronavirus infections hit record high
So far, the coronavirus outbreaks have been reported in six cities and provinces
Vietnam on Friday confirmed 82 people positive with the novel coronavirus, marking the largest infections reported in a day from the outbreak of the pandemic in the country in late January.
|So far, all local infections of coronavirus in Vietnam are linked to Danang|
The daily infections include 45 cases announced in the morning (at 6:00 am) announcement and 37 others in the afternoon (6:00 pm) announcement made by the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
The 82 cases include 26 imported ones, three in Ho Chi Minh City, and eight in Quang Nam, the neighboring province of Danang.
All the local infections are linked to Danang, where the first locally-transmitted case was confirmed last weekend.
Vietnam has so far reported 546 Covid-19 infections, of them 373 have recovered and two, with many pre-existing diseases, died.
Given the surging daily caseload, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam on July 31 asked authorities to stamp down Danang outbreaks as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, Acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long demanded aggressive contact tracing to have a full list of people to and from Danang, mostly from some hospitals in the city.
Health agencies nationwide are maximizing testing capacity for quick detection of the coronavirus. They expect to soon raise the number of tests that is currently around 10,000 units per day.
- Vietnam steps up vigilance against deadly Marburg
- British couple thank Vietnamese health workers for saving their lives
- Vietnam closely monitors passengers from H5N1-stricken areas
- Hanoi to reduce third childbirth rate this year
- A Hanoi elite citizen with 24 years caring for people’s health
- Vietnam shows leading role in regional health services: US CDC
- Vietnam strengthens supervision at border gates to monitor new Covid-19 variants
- US, Vietnam can rely on each other: CDC
- Hanoi to ensure of Covid-19 vaccination course for children aged 5-11
- Hanoi to ensure medicine supply during Tet holiday
Vietnam aims for five international-standard cities by 2045
Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced