May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
Since April 16, all coronavirus infections in Vietnam are from overseas.
The number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam hit 324 as of May 18, including four confirmed on Monday which were all imported.
|Vietnam Airlines' attendants during a repatriation flight. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
The newest-infected cases include two attendants of national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and two students returning from the US, according to the Ministry of Health.
The male attendants served the repatriation flight from Moscow to Van Don airport in the northern province of Quang Ninh on May 13. Russia has emerged as the largest coronavirus outbreak in Europe with 290,678 cases.
|Infections (red) and convalescents (green) in Vietnam from April 27 to May 18. Source: Ministry of Health|
As of May 18, Vietnam has undergone 32 days without local transmission. Since April 16, the country’s infections are all from abroad who are repatriated Vietnamese nationals.
As many as 184 out of the infections are from abroad, accounting for 56.8% of the total cases.
So far, 263 Covid-19 patients have recovered, making up 81.17% of the total infections.
As of May 18, the number of people under quarantine is 11,326, including 302 at hospitals, 8,929 at concentrated centers, and 2,095 at home and lodging facilities.
The Vietnamese government continues to bring overseas nationals home and more coronavirus cases are to be confirmed, but all of them will be isolated upon arrival.
- Hanoi accelerates Covid-19 vaccination for all locals
- Initiatives lead to changes hospitals in Hanoi
- Communication matters immensely in combating Monkeypox: CDC
- Vietnam steps up surveillance amid monkeypox outbreak in 75 countries
- Hanoi confirms first Omicron BA.5 community infections, most cases have mild symptoms
- Public urged to get booster shots against Omicron subvariants
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
Hanoi – Vientiane bolster economic ties
Vietnam, Qatar eye free trade agreement
Hotels in Hanoi heat up mooncake season
Cultural industry to contribute 5% of Hanoi’s GRDP by 2025
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure