May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
The country has gone 41 consecutive days without community infection.
Six more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam were confirmed to be negative with the coronavirus on May 27, bringing the number of recovered cases to 278 or 85% of the country’s total infections.
|All repatriated people are quarantined upon arrival. Photo: Zing
On the same day, no new coronavirus cases have been reported, lengthening the streak of days without new local transmission to 41 days.
Meanwhile, the latest infected cases are Vietnamese citizens returning from Russia. So far, as many as 33 Covid-19 patients, including two attendants of national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines, arrived from a repatriation flight from Russia on May 13.
Since the infection of its attendants, Vietnam Airlines has required all passengers to use personal protective equipment including suit, face mask, and gloves.
|New infections (red) and convalescents (green) in Vietnam over the past two weeks. Source: Ministry of Health
Currently, 49 active cases are under treatment at central and provincial hospitals.
Patient No.91, a 43-year-old British man who works as a pilot for Vietnam Airlines, has been confirmed to be free of the coronavirus after six consecutive tests. However, he remains in critical condition, depending on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), a method of life support, in a Ho Chi Minh City hospital, according to the Ministry of Health.
As of May 27, 9,797 people are under quarantine, including 55 at hospitals, 7,535 at concentrated centers, and 2,150 at home and lodging facilities.
- Hanoi hospitals to ensure quality healthcare during Tet
- Vietnamese doctors master single-port endoscopy
- EU Green Education: Significant to biodiversity protection in Vietnam
- Health sector joins efforts against climate change
- Treatment abroad no longer necessary for Vietnamese heart patients: Minister of Health
- Hanoi to host ASEAN Cardiology Congress 2023
- WHO praises Vietnam’s public health achievement
- Hanoi multiplies model of high-quality traditional medicine clinics
- Hanoi hospitals adjust service charges, remain confused about new pricing rule
- Hanoi to complete four major hospitals at gateways by 2025
Hanoi launches Reading Cultural Ambassador Contest
Vietnam news in brief - February 20
Hanoi encourages firms to sell to foreign distribution networks
Vietnam joins mega multinational naval exercise
National status for Hanoi's intangible heritage
Pen-brush opening ceremony: Vietnam's tradition honors learning
Site clearance is key for 500kV power line
Vietnam news in brief - February 17
Hanoi's Saint Giong Festival underway