Apr 20, 2016 / 13:45
Negotiation on CLV's Trade Promotion and Facilitation Agreement
The fourth negotiation round on trade and economic development agreement for the Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam Development Triangle Area (CLV-DTA) convened from April 18-20 in Vietnam.
Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia promoted Development Triangle area since 2015
On the first day of negotiations, the trade representatives from the three countries said they hope to hammer out a resolution to all differences that remain and come to an agreement boosting commercial trade among the 13 border provinces soon.
The border provinces of the CLV are rich in natural resources and have great potential in agriculture and forestry they said, however, due to poor infrastructure, the region has been stymied in its past economic development.
The CLV Development Triangle Area covers four Cambodian provinces (Ratanakiri, Stung Treng, Mondulkiri, Kratie), four Lao provinces (Attapeu, Salavan, Sekong, Champasak), and five Vietnamese provinces (Kon Tum, Gia Lai, Dak Lak, Dak Nong, Binh Phuoc). These provinces are rich in natural resources and boast advantages for agricultural and forestry development.
Officials from the three countries are to focus on resolving remaining difficulties and obstacles to soon reach consensus on clauses and finalise the agreement on schedule as set by leaders of the three countries. The agreement is expected to boost trade activities and goods movement among 13 provinces in the triangle of the three countries.
Officials also hope the deal will allow relevant localities to make full use of their potential and advantages as well as promote economic cooperation and investment in the development triangle in particular and the three countries in general.
- Son Tay Town kicks off Tourism Year recognizing two new destinations
- Vietnam calls for peaceful measures to int’l disputes: PM
- Hanoi mayor urges drastic measures to aid businesses
- [Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam E-Business Index 2023
- Vietnam mulls concrete steps to bolster cooperation with ASEAN countries
- Vietnam deepens ASEAN economic ties
- Hanoi's business association partners with Suzhou's trade promoting agency
- Vietnam’s c.bank buys US$5 billion since early 2023
- Hanoi earns VND2.4 trillion from tourists during national holiday
- Fuel prices in sharp fall on May 4
Photo Hanoi'23: Zoom in on Vietnamese culture
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Overseas Vietnamese wins Silver Award at world’s prestigious flower exhibition
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options
European Film Festival 2023 opens in Hanoi
Nguyen The Son reveals his Decade of Exposure
Reformed artist Minh Hai: Proud when father and son play the role of Uncle Ho
Related countries should be firm on their South China Sea stance