New wave of investment from Japan is coming to Vietnam: Ambassador
Japan considers Vietnam one of the most favorable investment destinations in Asia, said Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio.
The fact that more and more major Japanese corporations are eyeing Vietnam as an attractive investment destination could form a new wave of foreign direct investment (FDI) from Japan to Vietnam in the coming time, according to Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio.
|Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio and Politburo member Tran Quoc Vuong. Photo: Vietnam News Agency.|
Japan considers Vietnam one of the most favorable investment destinations in Asian, Takio stressed in a meeting with Executive Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee’s Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong on July 8.
According to Takio, Japan attaches significance to the Vietnam – Japan strategic partnership, as well as Vietnam’s role in the region and the global stage.
To further boost the bilateral relations, Politburo member Vuong requested Takio to contribute to the two countries’ cooperation, especially in investment, trade, economy and security.
As the Covid-19 pandemic goes on, Vuong hoped the Japanese government to continue providing support for the Vietnamese community in Japan.
Vuong wished the Japanese government and people to soon overcome the severe consequences left by torrential rains in the Kyushu region and other parts of the country.
Official data shows that out of 98 countries and territories investing in Vietnam in the first six months of 2020, Japan ranked fourth, ahead of South Korean which was in fifth place. Singapore took the lead with US$5.44 billion, or 34.7% of the total FDI to Vietnam. Thailand came second with US$1.58 billion, while the third place belonged to China with nearly US$1.58 billion.
- Vietnam ready upgrade US ties on 10th anniversary of comprehensive partnership
- Largest-ever US business delegation seeks investment opportunities in Vietnam
- China's Sunny Group plans US$2.5 billion investment in Vietnam
- $8 billion to be pumped into Vietnam’s Central Coast
- FDI to Vietnam’s real estate rises by over 70% in 2022
- Laos vows to facilitate Vietnam's investors
- Hanoi lures nearly $1.7 billion in foreign investment in 2022
- European Investment Bank will provide Vietnam climate finance
- Vietnam stands as credible partner for foreign investors
- Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Vietnam's site listed among world top destinations for hot air balloon rides
Vietnam, Australia eye stronger multifaced cooperation
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam's GDP growth expands by 3.32% in Q1
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world