Over 600 deals signed at Vietnam Startup Day
This year's event brought together more than 100 pitchings from leading startups from 19 countries on five continents to call for investment.
More than 600 investment deals worth US$20 million were signed on Startup Day, which attracted about 500 funds, investors and experts from Vietnam and abroad last week.
|Visitors attend the festival. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
This year, the largest and most intensive annual event for startups in Vietnam and the region attracted about 15,000 visitors. The event is a platform gathering all key players from the startup ecosystem including incubators/ accelerators, business associations, and large corporations.
The festival included an exhibition displaying and demonstrating the latest technologies of the regional innovation startup community and the “Startup Wheel” contest, where startups can raise funding for their projects.
The competition is specially designed as a 6-month accelerated program running from March to August annually. It brought together more than 100 pitchings of the Top 60 outstanding Vietnam startups and Top 50 excellent international startups from 19 countries worldwide to call for investment from investors and venture capital funds.
The Contest Awards Ceremony took place on the evening of August 26 in Ho Chi Minh City.
Director of the Business Startup Support Center (BSSC) Nguyen Thi Dieu Hang said the center expected the Vietnam Startup Day event to become a place where all experiences, knowledge, and useful resources are transferred from individuals and organizations inside and outside the country to the Vietnamese startup community, then create a sustainable foundation for the process of building Vietnamese startups.
- Vietnam seeks US support for semiconductor development
- US International Development Finance Corp to advance strategic relations with Vietnam
- Saudi’s major corporations plan to expand investment in Vietnam
- Vietnam to speed up US$59-billion high-speed train project
- Economic diplomacy catalyzes Vietnam’s development: PM
- Vietnam moves up 12 places in EIU’s business environment ranking
- Vietnamese Gov’t aims to approve North-South express railway project by 2025
- US-based infrastructure investment fund promises US$1 billion for Vietnam
- Vietnam ready upgrade US ties on 10th anniversary of comprehensive partnership
- Largest-ever US business delegation seeks investment opportunities in Vietnam
Must-visit tourist attractions in Hanoi's mountainous district
Vietnam news in brief - December 9
Greatest works of arts on display at Hanoi Museum
Hanoi to start construction of second airport in 2040
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development