Over 600 deals signed at Vietnam Startup Day
This year's event brought together more than 100 pitchings from leading startups from 19 countries on five continents to call for investment.
More than 600 investment deals worth US$20 million were signed on Startup Day, which attracted about 500 funds, investors and experts from Vietnam and abroad last week.
|Visitors attend the festival. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
This year, the largest and most intensive annual event for startups in Vietnam and the region attracted about 15,000 visitors. The event is a platform gathering all key players from the startup ecosystem including incubators/ accelerators, business associations, and large corporations.
The festival included an exhibition displaying and demonstrating the latest technologies of the regional innovation startup community and the “Startup Wheel” contest, where startups can raise funding for their projects.
The competition is specially designed as a 6-month accelerated program running from March to August annually. It brought together more than 100 pitchings of the Top 60 outstanding Vietnam startups and Top 50 excellent international startups from 19 countries worldwide to call for investment from investors and venture capital funds.
The Contest Awards Ceremony took place on the evening of August 26 in Ho Chi Minh City.
Director of the Business Startup Support Center (BSSC) Nguyen Thi Dieu Hang said the center expected the Vietnam Startup Day event to become a place where all experiences, knowledge, and useful resources are transferred from individuals and organizations inside and outside the country to the Vietnamese startup community, then create a sustainable foundation for the process of building Vietnamese startups.
- IFC assists Vietnam to boost green finance for a low-carbon economy
- Vietnam's FDI outlays in 10 months jump 15% to exceed $17 billion
- Actual FDI to Vietnam rises over 16% to US$15.4 billion in 9-month
- Construction of road connecting Northwest region kicked off
- Vietnam may face increased pressure on inflation control: Experts
- Moody’s sovereign rating upgrade raises Vietnam’s appeal to foreign investors
- Vietnam remains attractive for high-quality FDI
- Over 600 deals signed at Vietnam Startup Day
- FPT Software and Singapore’s NCS jointly develop technology center
- Actual FDI to Vietnam raises by 10% to US$12 billion in seven months
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Tourism Ao Dai Festival 2022 to be held next week
Library of antique books and newspapers for Hanoi lovers
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam
Hanoi: Asia's Leading Tourism Destination 2022
Director Dang Nhat Minh honored with film on Hanoi lives
NA agrees to raise basic wage next July