Project of free digital library for Vietnamese children launched
Vietnamese children, including ethnicities, can read free books online in a digital library.
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund in Vietnam, in cooperation with the Global Digital Library and the Vietnam Institute of Educational Sciences, will build a free digital library with high-quality books for all children, especially those who are from ethnic minorities and children with disabilities.
Children visit Hanoi Book Street. Photo: Lai Tan
The library will feature 3,000 books in different formats and languages. There will be 50 augmented reality books and 40 sign language video books.
These books can be freely accessed via the website and the book reading applications of the Global Digital Library.
According to Prof. Dr. Le Anh Vinh, Director of the Vietnam Institute of Educational Sciences, the library will focus on books in English, Vietnamese, and eight ethnic minority languages including Bahnar, Cham, Ede, and Jarai, Khmer, M’Nong, H’Mong, Thai and sign language.
“With the digital library, children can enjoy reading and listen to stories that are compiled from many publishers around the world. Children with disabilities also have the opportunity to experience reading sign language books and watching videos,” he said.
The project is funded by the Government of Norway, with the participation of experts in various fields such as linguistics, translation, ethnic languages, special education, general education, and technology, among others.
The free digital library for children is expected to be officially launched in September 2022.
- Hanoi's students to begin new academic year on September 5
- US helps strengthen Vietnam's higher education in US$14-million partnership
- ASEAN roadmap 2025 to realize a common higher education space in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam urged to renovate education for SDG target
- Entire Vietnamese team bag gold at International Chemistry Olympiad 2022
- Vietnamese 10th grader wins International Physics Olympiad gold medal for 1st time
- Vietnam climbed ten places in ranking of International Mathematical Olympiad 2022
- 2022 FPdGi International Award honored Vietnamese environmental activist
- Professor Trinh Xuan Thuan wins the 2022 Grand Prix de la Francophonie
- Hanoi’s students earns high score at 2022 Asian Physics Olympiad
Vietnam needs financial resources to advance gender equality
Over US$34 billion set to pour into Vietnam’s real estate market this year
“Produce more from less”: Danish agricultural philosophy for Vietnam
One Year After, One Year Lost
Cultural industry to contribute 5% of Hanoi’s GRDP by 2025
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi