Snapshots of bustling atmosphere at Hanoi Dragon Boat Racing Festival
Hanoi, Thai Nguyen and Ben Tre teams won the professional men and women categories.
Hanoians and foreign visitors enjoyed impressive boat regatta in the Hanoi Dragon Boat Racing Festival held in West Lake on November 14.
The Ben Tre team won the professional men and women’s final in a total time of 3’19’’53, followed by teams from Thai Nguyen and Hanoi. Photo: Vietnam Airlines
The Trau Vang 2 team won the amateur category, followed by teams of BIDV and Vietnam Airlines. Photo: Vietnam Airlines
In the women’s category, the Tay Ho district team won the final, while My Duc district finished second.
Ba Vi district won the men’s final, while Tay Ho district won the women’s event.
The regatta attracted 550 rowers of 31 teams from 22 delegations in cities and provinces, six organizations which are the United Nations organizations and the embassies of the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Australia and the US, as well as Vietnamese companies. Photo: Vietnam Airlines
The festival was held with the aim to celebrate the success of the city's 17th Party Congress, towards the 13th National Party Congress.
It was also aimed at preserving the country’s traditional sports and promote the city’s culture and tourism.
At the event, local residents enjoyed not only impressive boat competitions but also artistic performances.
During the festival, competing teams were divided into professional and amateur categories. Due to Covid-19, professional teams from other countries and the Central region and the South of Vietnam were not able to join the festival.
Athletes competed in boats of 12 rowers over a distance of 600m in professional and amateur races.
The teams competed fiercely in each competition, creating excitement for locals and international spectators.
- Selfies with the beautiful Tithonia diversifolia in Hanoi
- Vietnamese, Dutch government leaders tour Hanoi on bike
- Vibrant display: Ao Dai parade shines on Hoan Kiem Lake
- Hanoi's street filled with tons of "spooky" toys before Halloween
- Six hundred rowers compete at Hanoi Open Dragon Boat Racing Tournament 2023
- Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
- Shimmering Mid-Autumn Festival at Thang Long Imperial Citadel
- Exploring tantalizing rice ripening season in northwest Vietnam
- Blaze burns down local tenement
- Vietnamese national flag flies high on National Day
Hanoi plans to relocate more universities
Vietnam news in brief - December 4
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries