German traditional beer festival recreated in Hanoi
Beer lovers in Hanoi will have the opportunity to experience German authentic beer and classic dishes at Oktoberfest Vietnam 2022.
The festivities begin every night from 6 pm until midnight from October 6 to 8 October at the Hanoi Daewoo Hotel's outdoor swimming pool.
Each event will feature a traditional opening ceremony featuring the tapping of the first beer keg and the wearing of traditional Bavarian attire.
|The traditional Bavarian music band will rock the Oktoberfest Vietnam 2022. Photo: Hanoi Daewoo Hotel|
This annual event recreates the atmosphere found in the massive beer halls of the original Oktoberfest, complete with an expansive buffet of German cuisine including sausages, schnitzel, crispy pork knuckles, sauerbraten, pretzels, and sauerkraut, among others.
A host of Pan-Asian and local Vietnamese dishes and a live cooking station also comprise a featured part of the buffet menu. Guests can also enjoy free-flow Schneider Weisse and Krombacher beer directly imported from the brewery.
According to Hanoi Daewoo Hotel General Manager Mr. Erwin R. Popov, the event this year will welcome a host of performers to keep guests entertained and the good times flowing.
“The featured entertainment will include bands playing traditional Bavarian numbers and contemporary sounds, a stunning aerial dancer, multiple DJ sets, and choreographed dance troupes,” he told The Hanoi Times.
“In addition, guests can partake in a delightful host of activities, exciting games, and many other surprises from the event’s sponsors,” he added.
Oktoberfest Vietnam will be held in Hanoi Daewoo Hotel for the first time, with the cooperation of Windsor Plaza Hotel from Ho Chi Minh City, which is said to have experience in organizing the festival for 16 years.
- Photo exhibition showcases Vietnamese heritage to the delight of Hanoians
- K-pop show rocks Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc square
- European-Vietnamese documentary film festival to open in late September
- "Nostalgic Full Moon Festival" in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- VietNam Design Week 2023 to open in late September
- Singing contest celebrates Vietnam-Japan diplomatic relations
- Vietnam wins giant prizes at World Flower Council Summit 2023
- French-Vietnamese duet Maxime Zecchini & Chuong Vu to perform in Hanoi
- Competition launched for foreign and overseas Vietnamese singer-songwriters
- Hanoi Singing Contest is back in new version
Ambassador Julien Guerrier: Vietnam and EU have common aspirations
Vietnam news in brief - September 27
Hanoi's road patching heroes: For the safety of road travelers
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting