US funds US$3 million for Vietnam to cope with Covid-19
So far, the US CDC has worked with Vietnam's health agencies for the fight against coronavirus and it plans to open a representative office in Vietnam.
The US government has decided to finance US$3 million in health assistance for Vietnam to strengthen the latter's health capacity to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
The funding, sourced from the State Department and the USAID, will help the Vietnamese government prepare laboratory systems, activate case-finding and event-based surveillance, support technical experts for response and preparedness, risk communication, infection prevention and control, and more.
|The US intensifies health assistance for Vietnam. Photo: AIH|
The amount of money is from the financial package of US$274 million in emergency health and humanitarian assistance to help 64 of the most at-risk countries facing the threat of the global pandemic.
Over the past 20 years, the US has invested more than US$706 million in health assistance and more than US$1.8 billion in total assistance for Vietnam, the US State Department has said in a statement on its website.
In the fight against Covid-19, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has cooperated with Vietnam’s health agencies for better response.
Representatives of CDC said they were planning to promote the cooperation between the two countries and the establishment of CDC’s Regional Office in Vietnam.
Recently, both American authorities and businesses have been interested in health cooperation with Vietnam, Vietnamese Ambassador to the US Ha Kim Ngoc said.
Earlier this month, Ambassador Ha Kim Ngoc said that the US is mulling importing several kinds of medical equipment from Vietnam to empower the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Vietnam publishes book on Communist Party chief’s anti-corruption
- Vietnam, Russia mark 73rd anniversary of diplomatic relations
- Party General Secretary extends greetings for Year of the Cat
- Vietnamese people eager to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Norway Ambassador expects to visit pagodas in Hanoi in first Tet
- UNICEF promotes disadvantaged populations’ rights in Vietnam
- Vo Thi Anh Xuan serves as acting president of Vietnam
- Vietnam’s President resigns from office
- Australia continues supporting development in Northwest Vietnam
- Common voice matters to Global South countries: Vietnam President
Vietnam prioritizes macroeconomic stability in 2023: PM
Demand for housing in Hanoi forecast to rise in 2023
Vietnam publishes book on Communist Party chief’s anti-corruption
Hanoi ranked 5th among safest cities in Southeast Asia
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy