Valuable artifacts inside Hanoi's military-themed museum
The newly opened General Nguyen Chi Thanh Military Museum is expected to become an exciting place for those interested in history in Hanoi.
The General Nguyen Chi Thanh Museum opened in early July to commemorate the 56th anniversary of the General's death.
Born in 1914 and deceased in 1967, General Nguyen Chi Thanh is considered an outstanding disciple of President Ho Chi Minh, who was closely associated with Vietnam's victories during the struggle against France and the early years of the war against the United States.
General Nguyen Chi Thanh Museum is a non-public museum owned by the family of the late General, open from Tuesday to Sunday from 8:30am to 11:30am and from 2pm to 5pm.
The museum displays over 300 photos, 220 artifacts, 100 books, over 150 paper documents and 23 bronze statues, divided into eight thematic areas related to important milestones in General Thanh's revolutionary activities and the early days of the Vietnam People's Army.
It also has two rooms that reproduce Nguyen Chi Thanh's workplace at 34 Ly Nam De Street and the Central Office for South Vietnam (during the anti-American war) at Tan Lap Commune, Tan Bien District, Tay Ninh Province.
- Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
- Shimmering Mid-Autumn Festival at Thang Long Imperial Citadel
- Exploring tantalizing rice ripening season in northwest Vietnam
- Blaze burns down local tenement
- Vietnamese national flag flies high on National Day
- Hanoi's Instagram-worthy places in Autumn
- Hanoi launches public bike-share service
- Close-up of Hanoi’s longest river-crossing bridge
- Statue of King Le - the oldest bronze architecture in Hanoi
- Exploring largest indoor aquarium in Hanoi
Green Future promotes Vietnam-Denmark cooperation for sustainable growth
Vietnam news in brief - October 3
Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
Decentralization, regulatory reform, fair compensation key to accelerating Hanoi's urban rail project
Hanoian beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2023
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation