MoF lists 17 market makers for debt market
As market markers, entities have the right to participate in the issuance and repurchase of government bonds and notes via bidding.
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) has released a list of 17 commercial banks and securities firms subject to join the Government bonds market this year, an increase of four new entities compared to the 2020 list.
|Vietnam's government bond segment accounts for 83.8% of the country's total bond stock.|
Under the Decision No.2290/QD-BTC, set to become effect from January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021, those in the list will act as market makers of Government debt instrument.
Market makers are required to submit reports to the MoF for evaluation between November 1 and 10, so that the latter will evaluate the condition to maintain market maker status. Unqualified market markers will receive notice with reasons on why they are excluded from the list.
As market markers, entities have the right to participate in the issuance and repurchase of Government bonds and notes via bidding, as well as playing as the main guarantee organization for the issuance of government bonds.
Market makers will also participate in discussion for drafting new policies for the bond market.
This year’s list includes four securities firms of BIDV Securities Company, Vietcombank Securities Company, Ho Chi Minh Securities Corporation, Saigon – Hanoi Securities Company, and 13 banks with major names, such as BIDV, Vietinbank, Agribank and Military Bank.
Vietnam’s Government bond segment grew 9.1% quarter-on-quarter at the end of September 2020 to reach US$54.7 billion - accounting for 83.8% of the country’s total bond stock, a report from the ADB noted.
This directly contributed to a quarterly growth of 11.6% of the local currency bond market at the end of last September – the fastest quarterly growth rate in emerging East Asia – to reach $65.3 billion.
- Greening finance accelerates Vietnam's SDG implementation
- DHL Express partners with ACB to cut carbon emissions using sustainable aviation fuel
- Vietnam joins the ASEAN Regional Payment Connectivity
- More than US$240 million transacted one month after corporate bond platform launched
- VinFast begins trading on Nasdaq
- Standard Chartered Vietnam supports young leaders in Sustainability Incubator Program
- Vietnam’s CPI growth set to expand up to 3.7% in 2023
- VDCA publishes guidelines for personal data processors
- Corporate bond trading platform to be new growth driver
- Government to ask for parliament's approval on global minimum tax
Vietnam’s economy remains resilient amid weakening global demand
Vietnam news in brief - September 27
Hanoi's road patching heroes: For the safety of road travelers
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting