Vietnam G-bonds market heats up in early 2022
The Government raised over VND23 trillion (US$1 billion) via G-bonds in January.
The total transaction value of Government bonds (G-bonds) in January was estimated at VND254.5 trillion (US$11.2 billion), averaging VND13.4 trillion ($590.7 million) per session. This represented a sharp increase of 19.19% against 2021.
|In 2021, the Government raised a total of VND318.2 trillion ($14 billion) via G-bonds. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
Meanwhile, the State Treasury of Vietnam raised over VND23 trillion (US$1 billion) through 14 G-bonds auctions at the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) in the first month of the year, down 23.6% against the last December.
Upon breaking down, G-bonds with a maturity of 10 years made up the largest proportion of 46%, equivalent to the total value of VND10.6 trillion ($467.3 million).
The HNX informed the yields of G-bonds with maturities of 10, 20, and 30 years remained unchanged, but slightly increased for the 15-year maturity.
Trading volume through repurchase agreements (repos) accounted for 39.66% of total transaction value in the market, with foreign investors making up only 1.67% of the value, with a net sell amount of VND1.24 trillion ($54.6 million).
In 2021, the Government raised a total of VND318.2 trillion ($14 billion) via G-bonds, or 98.21% of the year’s target, which remained a major source for state budget revenue.
Minister of Finance Ho Duc Phuoc in a National Assembly session held late 2021 hinted the Government plans to mobilize VND180 trillion (US$8 billion) in the next two years via G-bonds to finance economic recovery plans.
A report from the ADB in late 2021 estimated Vietnam’s local currency bond market around VND1,902.1 trillion (US$83.6 billion) at the end of last September, in which G-bonds accounted for 74.4% of Vietnam’s bond market, and corporate bonds comprised 25.6%.
- Vietnam exports one step closer to US$368-billion target
- Vietnam to hold a 60-hour livestream shopping with numerous promotions
- Handicrafts: Key to socio-economic growth of Hanoi's district
- Hanoi's tourism shows strong recovery since March 2022
- Embassy key to boosting the Vietnam-Philippines economic relations: National Assembly Chairman
- Vietnamese firm exports first electric cars to the US
- Hanoi Midnight Sale offers high discounts to attract consumers
- Vietnam’s rice exports to beat records in 2022
- Vietnam, the Philippines eye $10 billion of trade turnovers in 2026
- Vietnam, Uganda expand cooperation to high-potential fields
Hanoi seeks cooperation with ASEAN cities for shared prosperity
MICHELIN Guide to feature Vietnam gastronomy for 1st time
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Untold story of an ancient village in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam