Vietnam launches donation campaign to support Covid-19 prevention
More than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated in support of the fight against Covid-19 in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Information and Communications on March 19 launched a donation campaign to support the combat against the Covid-19 pandemic by sending SMS messages, VnExpress reported.
People can compose messages in the syntax "CV n" and send to 1407, "n" is the factor multiplied by VND20,000 (US$0.85) which is the value of each message (n ranges from 1 to 100).
Telecom carriers are requested to send text messages encouraging people to donate via number 1407.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung said as the world is fighting the disease, Vietnam has been internationally recognized for its efforts to control the pandemic, Hung said.
He stressed that the launch aims to raise funds to support the fight against Covid-19 and contribute to minimizing socio-economic damage.
According to Chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Tran Thanh Man, as of March 19, more than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated.
"With the strength of national unity, we will win the fight against the pandemic," Man said.
The donation campaign lasts until June 18.
- Vietnam hosts flash flood guidance system in Southeast Asia
- World’s Best Countries For Quality of Life 2021: Vietnam moves up 39 places
- Vietnam considers issuing ID cards for stateless people
- Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
- Vietnam eyes smart cities and sustainable urban development
- Vietnam to raise regional minimum wage by 6% from July
- French media highly values Vietnam’s African swine fever vaccine
- Gender equality in Vietnam: H’Mong ethnic women operate tourism businesses
- Necessity to amend Law on Domestic Violence: UNFPA
- UNFPA supports Vietnam in addressing gender-based violence
Vietnam, UK seek closer relations
Hanoi welcomes over 8.6 million visitors in first half of 2022
Agritech, Greentech, Deeptech and Foodtech - foreign funds interests in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in culture, education and tourism