Vietnam launches donation campaign to support Covid-19 prevention
More than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated in support of the fight against Covid-19 in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Information and Communications on March 19 launched a donation campaign to support the combat against the Covid-19 pandemic by sending SMS messages, VnExpress reported.
People can compose messages in the syntax "CV n" and send to 1407, "n" is the factor multiplied by VND20,000 (US$0.85) which is the value of each message (n ranges from 1 to 100).
Telecom carriers are requested to send text messages encouraging people to donate via number 1407.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung said as the world is fighting the disease, Vietnam has been internationally recognized for its efforts to control the pandemic, Hung said.
He stressed that the launch aims to raise funds to support the fight against Covid-19 and contribute to minimizing socio-economic damage.
According to Chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Tran Thanh Man, as of March 19, more than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated.
"With the strength of national unity, we will win the fight against the pandemic," Man said.
The donation campaign lasts until June 18.
- Vietnamese children in need of online safety skills: experts
- CEO CookOff's special culinary event 2023 debuts
- Covid-19 meets criteria for influenza status in Vietnam: PM
- Hanoi cooperates with provinces for safe fruits and farm produce supply
- Vietnamese Government urged to ban e-cigarettes
- Summer Online Safety Playground gives self-protection skills to children in Hanoi
- First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
- Bicycles contribute to green city development in Vietnam
- Vietnam needs to raise tobacco prices and taxes: WHO’s expert
- E-visa expiry should be in 60-90 days: Lawmakers
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
Vietnam News Highlights for June 6, 2023
Australian Prime Minister tastes banh mi in Hanoi
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia