Vietnam finds 8 more nCoV-infected cases on Sunday, all are foreigners
The new cases took the same flight as Hanoi's first infected person who visited Lombardy, an epicenter in Italy, in mid-February.
Vietnam's Ministry of Health has announced another jump in infections of the new coronavirus with eight cases within a day, totaling 29 so far.
|Disinfection at Truc Bach street in Hanoi. Photo: Zing|
The new cases are all foreign visitors arrived from London in Hanoi on March 2 on Vietnam Airlines flight VN0054, the same that Hanoi’s first infected case N.H.N took.
Of these visitors, four are now in the northern province of Quang Ninh, two in the northern province of Lao Cai, and two in the central coastal city of Danang.
Except for 16 cases that have recovered and been discharged from hospital, the 13 latest cases were found within three days from March 6, including 10 in a flight, two infected from N.H.N on the flight, and one Vietnamese national returning from South Korea's Daegu.
So far, eight localities in Vietnam have reported people positive with SARS-CoV-2, namely Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, the nornthern provinces of Ninh Binh, Quang Ninh, Vinh Phuc, and Lao Cai, the central provinces of Thanh Hoa and Khanh Hoa, and the central city of Danang.
At present, all infected people in Vinh Phuc, Thanh Hoa, and Khanh Hoa are discharged from hospital.
According to health agencies, all the infected patients are now in stable health conditions.
- Heartbeat Vietnam celebrates 10,000 congenital heart saves
- Vietnam to establish warehouses for orphan drugs
- Vietnam aims to be ASEAN's vaccine production hub
- Vietnam secures Covid-19 vaccine supply for expanded immunization program
- Global Fund pledges support for Vietnam to end AIDS, TB and malaria
- It’s high time to scale up HPV vaccination
- Vietnam – exceptional example of fighting against HIV/AIDS: PEPFAR
- World Immunization Week: Vietnam encouraged to catch up childhood vaccinations
- First made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 herbal medicine announced
- Vietnam encouraged to eliminate malaria
New deals inked during Australia PM’s visit to Vietnam
Vietnam News Highlights for June 5, 2023
Covid-19 meets criteria for influenza status in Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options