Vietnam telecommunications restored international internet services
Vietnam telecommunications providers have fully restored international internet services to customers after a segment of the undersea Asia-America Gateway (AAG) fiber optic submarine communications system failed on December 20.
FPT Telecom quoted an executive board member of AAG as saying the repairs to the system were completed at 22:30 on January 4, five days ahead of schedule.
During the incident, Internet service providers actively cooperated with foreign partners to facilitate users and ease the pains caused by the loss of service, the member added.
Nguyen Van Khoa, FPT Telecom General Director said his company had to purchase emergency internet capacity at triple the normal price to provide badly needed services to customers and allow them to log onto the internet through alternate land cables.
Although the submerged AAG cable has been repaired, FPT Telecom still is faced with increasing its traffic capacity by 20% to meet customers; growing demand.
- Vietnam wins big at World Robot Olympiad
- Vietnamese Government approves national datacenter
- Hanoi committed to start-ups and innovative enterprises development
- Vietnam customs needs to accelerate digital transformation: Deputy PM
- Hanoi gets ready for digital economy growth
- Vietnam Digital Awards 2023 recognizes outstanding digital transformation solutions
- TikTok's violations in Vietnam exposed
- Vietnamese innovation startup ecosystem is dynamic and open
- ASEAN, Vietnam seek to tackle fake news
- Hanoi removes barriers to applying high tech to farming
China’s President Xi Jinping to visit Vietnam next week
Vietnam news in brief - December 7
Veteran journalist's memoir recalls great moments in history
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries