Vietnam tightens Covid-19 preventive measures for tranport services
All travelers by air, road, sea and trail across the country are required to wear face masks and have their body temperature checked.
The Ministry of Transport requested on the evening of July 26 transport service providers to strictly comply with Covid-19 prevention and control measures after the novel coronavirus reappeared in the community in central Vietnam.
Local travelers are waiting for check-in at Danang airport on July 26. Photo: Zing
All drivers and passengers are required to wear face masks at train and bus stations and on board.
Before boarding, passengers must make electronic medical declarations and have their body temperature checked and wash their hands with disinfectant, except passengers on taxis and buses.
Authorities recommended limited conversation, eating and drinking during the trip. Drivers are encouraged to leave windows open to allow natural ventilation.
During the trip, the passenger needs to contact attendants or health authorities via two hotlines 1900 3228 and 1900 9095 for instructions.
All such conditions were no longer required for passengers after the national social distancing campaign in late March was lifted. Only air passengers were required to wear face masks.
During the stay-at-home orders, transport service providers were asked to reduce trips and flights and limit the number of passengers on each trip.
- Hanoi promotes public awareness of consumer rights
- Vietnam’s exports – in search for the magic growth catalyst
- Taiwanese firm eyes Hanoi as a key investment destination
- Vietnam wants to restore international travel with China: PM Chinh
- Central Retail may inject US$1.45 billion to expand Vietnamese operations
- Vietnamese organic farm producers seek opportunities at Biofach 2023
- Eurocham Whitebook 2023 highlights green economy and sustainable development
- Vietnamese PM assures foreign investors of their interests
- Vietnam pledges consistent policies for European investors
- Vietnam aims to end overseas illegal fishing in May
Hanoi plans to restore local relics with US$593.6 million
First heatwave to hit northern Vietnam this week
Hanoi International Marathon draws 10,000 runners
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced
Another perspective on Hanoi Street in Hoang Dinh exhibition
Artisan turns Bodhi leaf into artwork
Hanoi Party chief urges greater decentralization efforts to aid growth