Vietnamese Gov’t appoints Acting Minister of Health
Dao Hong Lan will serve as acting minister until her appointment is approved by the National Assembly at the next session.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh today [July 15] appointed Secretary of Bac Ninh Province Party Committee Dao Hong Lan as Acting Minister of Health.
|Acting Minister of Health Dao Hong Lan. File Photo|
The appointment came following the arrest of Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long due to his involvement in the Covid-19 test kit scam by Viet A Company, which had inflated the price of Covid-19 test kits by 45% before selling them to health facilities across the country for unfair gains.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh then assigned Vice Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen to be temporarily in charge of the Ministry of Health’s operation until he appoints a new minister.
Under current regulation, Lan would remain acting minister until her appointment is approved by the National Assembly.
Lan has no background in the health sector before taking over the position.
Born in 1971 in the northern province of Hai Duong, she majored in economics and graduated from the National University of Economics in 1993.
She later held different positions in the Ministry of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs and became its deputy minister in late 2014.
In addition to Lan as the Acting Minister, in the leadership of the Ministry of Health currently there are four deputy ministers, namely Do Xuan Tuyen, Nguyen Truong Son, Tran Van Thuan, and Nguyen Thi Lien Huong.
- Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
- Vietnam works with some European countries for new passports
- Vietnam seeks ways to boost competitiveness of tourism
- Digital transformation matters a lot to economic integration: Vietnamese PM
- ASEAN: 55 years of unification and development
- Spain recognizes Vietnam's new passport
- ASEAN flag raising ceremony held in Hanoi
- Colorful images of ASEAN on display in Hanoi
- Spanish judge returns passport to Vietnamese accused of raping adolescent
- Vietnam to add information in new passports following non-recognition in some countries
Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
Hanoi selected to support sustainable product value chains
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM