Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019
|
NEWS

Vietnam’s press, pay-TV revenues top US$1 billion in 2018

Updated at Thursday, 03 Jan 2019, 05:55
The Hanoitimes - Of the total, revenues of radios and televisions accounted for 69% and 31% from printed and online newspapers.
Revenues from the press and subscription television surpassed VND23.8 trillion (US$1.02 billion) in 2018, according to the Central Committee for Propaganda and Education. 
 
Illustrative photo
Illustrative photo
The press recorded revenues of VND15.84 trillion (US$688 million), up 12% on year. Of the total, revenues of radio and television stations accounted for 69% and the remaining 31% came from printed and online newspapers. 

Pay-TV service providers, meanwhile, earned VND8 trillion (US$35 million) in revenue during the year, up 2% on year. 

Obviously, the performances of the newspapers and news portals were not good as the number of newspapers and magazines is numerous, reaching 844. 

At present, the country is home to 24 independent e-newspapers and 189 general news websites. 

Meanwhile, the number of radio and television stations hits 67 with 278 channels in total. 

So far, pay-TV subscribers total 14.5 million from 35 providers. The number of subscribers rose 5.8% on year in 2018. 
Linh Pham
Others:
Thiết kế web: OnIP™