1,000 Japanese officials, enterprises to visit Vietnam early 2020
The Vietnamese government gives priority to the Vietnam – Japan strategic partnership.
A delegation of 1,000 Japanese state officials and enterprises led by Secretary General of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) and Chairman of the Japan – Vietnam Friendship Parliamentary Alliance Nikai Toshihiro would visit Vietnam in January 2020.
|Overview of the meeting. Source: VGP.|
They are scheduled to meet Vietnamese state agencies, the National Assembly and the business community in Da Nang, presenting an opportunity for the two countries to tighten relation, said Takebe Tsutomu, special advisor to the Japan – Vietnam Friendship Parliamentary Alliance in a meeting with Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue on November 18.
Japan’s ODA to Vietnam has been increasing strongly following meetings between Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe in Japan and Thailand recently, said Tsutomu.
Tsutomu expected support from the Vietnamese government to speed up the construction process of Vietnam – Japan University under the Vietnam National University (VNU), a symbol of cooperation in education and training sectors between the two countries.
Vietnam’s Deputy PM Hue said the Vietnamese government gives priority to the Vietnam – Japan strategic partnership.
According to Hue, the VNU is tasked with finalizing a report on the project using Japan’s ODA and a special financing mechanism regarding the Vietnam – Japan university and submit it to the government for consideration.
Both Hue and Tsutomu agreed to further bilateral cooperation in trade, investment and human resources development, while sharing experience and transferring technologies in the agricultural sector in the coming time.
- Vietnam, Russia to raise bilateral trade by 20-fold: State President
- Vietnam, Russia issue joint declaration to shape bilateral relations until 2030
- Circular economy - A chance of sustainable future
- Vietnam's businesses registration surge by 45% in November
- Vietnam Airlines begins commercial nonstop flights to the US
- Hanoi opens 1,000 retail points for 2021 Promotion Month
- Vietnam Online Shopping Week & Online Friday 2021 start from November 27
- Business opportunities between EU and Vietnam essential for recovery
- E-commerce helps Vietnamese companies cope with the pandemic: Experts
- AEAU opens up huge opportunities for Vietnam-Russia economic cooperation
Wind power to lead Vietnam’s pathway to net-zero target: international experts
Hanoi to pour US$19.2-billion in housing development in 2021-2025 period
Vietnam manufacturing conditions improve in second month running
Fostering creativity from Hanoi’s cultural resources
Wild pear flower season comes early on the streets of Hanoi
Businesses recovery vital for Vietnam’s economic prospects: Expert
Safe, flexible adaptation to Covid-19 remains priority for Vietnam in 2022
Vietnam joins the world to end violence against women
Japanese giants pledge further support for Vietnam