Vietnam food Vlog platform Capichi launched in Hanoi
Capichi, a Vietnamese food Vlog platform, has been launched on March 25 with projection to Southeast Asian markets.
Capichi, a food video platform, has been launched to tap into the huge potential of food & beverage (F&B) market in Vietnam on March 25 in Hanoi.
|Capichi, the food Vlog platform|
Capichi’s survey shows there are about 540,000 F&B stores in Vietnam, including over 430,00 small restaurants, 7,000 fast food stores, 22,000 coffee shops and bars, and over 80,000 system stores.
These numbers show the big potential of the F&B market in Vietnam, according to the startup, which is led by the 23-year-old CEO Taiki Mori. According to the CEO, Capichi has successfully raised a funding of VND4 billion (US$203,690) from three Japanese individual investors and one financial company.
Capichi allows users to display short videos and review about restaurants or coffee shops. Vietnamese people can find it easier to go to their favorite shops by consulting videos posted on the platform. In Capichi, users no longer get search results such as “Finding difficult to search cuisine locations”, “Online shops’ images are different from the real ones”.
The startup expects to become a popular platform, where stores and customers can connect with each other easily and together they could make a vibrant business environment, and contribute to the strong F&B industry in Vietnam.
|CEO Taiki Mori|
In 2020, it expects the number of users to reach 500,000 users, 1,000 partner stores and expand its market to Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, according to CEO Mori.
Capichi plans to conquer Southeast Asian markets and other countries in the future.
- Foreign invested enterprises continue expanding investment in Vietnam: say experts
- Vietnam continues to be attractive investment destination: ARF
- FDI into greenfield projects in Vietnam rises over 16% in 8-month period
- Foreign investors keep flowing into Vietnam’s semiconductor sector
- Overseas agritech firms' investment to boost Vietnam's agriculture
- Vietnam remains favorite investment destination for South Korea amid Covid-19
- Gov’t needs to focus support on high potential firms: Expert
- Vietnam and Switzerland to promote economic cooperation
- Vietnam set to emerge as major startup ecosystem in SEA by 2022
- Vietnam named first time among world’s top 20 host economies for FDI
Hanoi tourism adapts to new situation
Vietnam regains its position as most ideal investment location: foreign expert
Hanoi is once again Covid-19-free zone
Hanoi exerts efforts to reopen the economy and adapt to a new normalcy
"Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
US$30 million climate change adaptation project launched in Vietnam
Vietnam starts Covid-19 vaccine administration for children aged 12-17
Live Fully in Viet Nam campaign to kick-off inbound tourism
Vietnam – example in telecom infrastructure development: ITU