Worker in Hanoi confirmed Covid-19 negative after initial positive test
The worker had no history of contact with any suspected Covid-19 patients.
The Ministry of Health on Saturday confirmed that a 38-year-old construction worker, living in Kieu Ky commune, in Hanoi’s outlying district of Gia Lam, tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 after rapid testing had shown he was positive with the virus, Kinhtedothi.vn reported.
|Authorities of Gia Lam district on April 30 imposed a lockdown on 120 households in Kieu Ky commune. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
The worker, from Hoang Mai district in the central province of Nghe An, is working at a construction project in Hanoi and had no history of contact with any suspected Covid-19 patients.
From April 22, he developed a high fever. On April 26, he was admitted to Duc Giang General Hospital in Hanoi where he tested positive for dengue. From April 29, his fever worsened and he suffered breathing difficulties. He was then transferred to Hanoi Heart Hospital where a quick test result was positive for SARS-CoV-2.
He was sent to National Hospital of Tropical Diseases on May 1 while still suffering shortness of breath and exhaustion.
However, his RT-PCR test on May 2 afternoon was negative for SARS-CoV-2. The patient has been treated following a dengue treatment plan.
Before that, authorities of Gia Lam district on April 30 had imposed a lockdown on 120 households in Kieu Ky commune but removed it when the worker tested negative.
Vietnam has reported no new Covid-19 cases of community contagion for 17 days. The number of coronavirus positive cases remains at 270, of which 219 have recovered and no deaths have been reported.
More than 30,000 people are under quarantine and health supervision.
- The Co Loa Special National Relics to undergo further excavation
- Hanoi committed to establishing administration system for people: Mayor
- Australian Prime Minister tastes banh mi in Hanoi
- Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
- Hanoi's Loyalty Oath Festival listed as National Intangible Cultural Heritage
- International Yoga Day 2023 celebrated across nation
- Hanoi celebrates 595th anniversary of the coronation of King Le Thai To
- Hanoi, La Habana to ink partnership deals
- Hanoi to ban illegitimate renting and leasing of public property
- Vietnamese brands listed in Asia Architecture Design Awards' Top 100 Outstanding Projects
Prime Minister requests inspection of electricity supply
Vietnam News Highlights for June 7, 2023
Australian Prime Minister tastes banh mi in Hanoi
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023