Danang crosses out international fireworks festival 2021
This is the second year in a row that the city of Danang canceled its annual international fireworks festivals as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Da Nang annual international fireworks festival, scheduled to take place in June and July, has been canceled due to the recent serious Covid-19 situation worldwide. The information was given by Le Trung Chinh, Chairman of the People's Committee of Danang on April 26.
|Photo: Sun World Da Nang Wonders|
Danang will also canceled another firework display to celebrate the Reunification Day (April 30) and May Day.
According to Director of the Danang Department of Health to Ngo Thi Kim Yen, the city has not yet considered accepting foreign visitors with “vaccine passports” as the effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccines has remained doubtful.
Major General Vu Xuan Vien, Da Nang Police Director, said the force's task is to isolate people entering the city through repatriation flights.
Danang has recieved about 85% of the country's repatriation flights. Among people who are under the paid 14-day-quarantine at the hotels, newly-infected cases have been found, thus, the risk of infection within the city is a little bit high, according to Vien.
The International Fireworks Festival, held annually in Danang, is a special festival with the participation of many international competitors from other countries and the host - Danang city. Apart from the main activity of fireworks display, there are cultural, sports, travel activities held before, during and after the festival that draw the participation of large travelers every year.
Since 2008, Danang has already held ten international fireworks festivals that usually lasted from April to July. This is the second year in a row that Da Nang has called off this festival.
Earlier, the central coastal province of Nghe An also announced that it would suspend all activities with large gatherings during the April 30 and May 1 holidays in the area. It also called off a firework display that was scheduled to be organized for the opening ceremony of the Cua Lo Beach Festival.
- National Sports Games 2022: Hanoi Sports aims to lead gold medal tally
- International Circus Festival to kick off on December 2
- President applauds boy for translating The Tale of Kieu
- Miss Tourism World 2022 contestants enjoy centuries-old ceramics village
- Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
- Hanoi Rethink Youth Creative Photography contest explores Hanoi from different perspectives
- Hanoi Old Quarter: Exceptional activities to celebrate Vietnam's 17th Cultural Heritage Day
- Hanoi International Film Festival 2022 opens today
- Hanoi Flow art performance to kick-off Hanoi Creative Designs Festival 2022
- Hanoi's beauty highlighted at Hanoi International Film Festival 2022
Vietnam, France to deepen strategic partnership
Hanoi eyes GRDP growth of 7% for 2023
Vietnam holds 1st International Arms Expo
Miss Tourism World 2022 contestants explore Hanoi’s beauty
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts