Foreign businesses continue to expand investment in Vietnam
The Government has set up taskforces specialized in addressing concerns of businesses that have been severely affected by the pandemic.
Foreign investors continue to show strong commitments to doing business in Vietnam and have been expanding their presence in the country.
|Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang. Source: MoFA|
Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang gave the statement in a monthly press conference held today [October 21].
“Vietnamese authorities stand ready to provide the maximum support to foreign businesses and investors and get all economic activities back to normal and avoid possible disruption in the supply chains,” Hang said.
Hang added the Government has set up multiple taskforces specialized in addressing concerns of businesses who have been severely affected by the pandemic.
As of September 20, Vietnam attracted over US$22.15 billion in FDI commitments, an increase of 4.4% year on year. Of the total, foreign investors registered over 1,200 fresh projects with total registered capital of $12.5 billion, down 3.78% in project number but up 27.6% in value against the same period of last year.
According to Hang, drastic measures from the Government and the active response of the public have gradually put the pandemic situation in Vietnam under control.
Hang referred to the Government’s recently issued resolution No.128/NQ-CP on October 11 on safe and flexible adaptation to the pandemic by saying the Government aims to soon get socio-economic activities back to the new normalcy as soon as possible.
“The goal is to ensure a single Covid-19 strategy being adopted nationwide right in 2021 to avoid inconvenience for the people and businesses,” Hang said.
- Vietnam ready upgrade US ties on 10th anniversary of comprehensive partnership
- Largest-ever US business delegation seeks investment opportunities in Vietnam
- China's Sunny Group plans US$2.5 billion investment in Vietnam
- $8 billion to be pumped into Vietnam’s Central Coast
- FDI to Vietnam’s real estate rises by over 70% in 2022
- Laos vows to facilitate Vietnam's investors
- Hanoi lures nearly $1.7 billion in foreign investment in 2022
- European Investment Bank will provide Vietnam climate finance
- Vietnam stands as credible partner for foreign investors
- Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Vietnam's site listed among world top destinations for hot air balloon rides
News highlights for April 2, 2023
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Hanoi fosters mass cycling
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world