Formula One Vietnam Grand Prix canceled due to Covid-19
The Formula 1 Vietnamese Grand Prix 2020 was expected to attract high-income tourists to Hanoi.
After much hearsay and pondering, the Formula 1 (F1) Vietnamese Grand Prix 2020 has been finally canceled after being postponed in March due to Covid-19.
The decision was made after discussions among the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), Formula One World Championship Ltd, the Hanoi People’s Committee, and the Vietnamese Motorsports Association (VMA).
“This has been an extremely difficult but necessary decision to reach in view of the continued uncertainty caused by the global coronavirus pandemic,” the announcement wrote.
The total number of races scheduled to be held this season was 17, of which 13, including the Vietnam Grand Prix, have been canceled.
In August, the F1 Race Organizing Board announced four additional races for the 2020 F1 calendar which will be held in Turkey, Bahrain (hosting two races), and Abu Dhabi and Vietnam is off the list.
Before the announcement, Hanoi had dismantled the circuit infrastructure at the My Dinh Sports Complex since early October.
Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation will refund all tickets of the 2020 Formula 1 Vietnam Grand Prix.
The F1 race in Hanoi was expected to be not only a sport event but also an important cultural, and tourist event for the city and the whole country.
- Dream of a riverside city
- Hanoi launches “green tour” for SEA Games 31
- Hanoi’s hotels offer their best for SEA Games 31
- Hanoi to develop urban system under vision to 2030
- Hanoi makes giant leap in public administration performance: PAPI 2021
- Hanoi student wins national prize of UPU letter-writing competition 2022
- Hanoi: 5,500 young volunteers join SEA Games 31
- FAS Angel team and spontaneous volunteers on Hanoi streets
- Hanoi rolls out plans to ensure medical service for SEA Games 31
- Vietnam, Spain boost cooperation in all fields
Dream of a riverside city
SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
Hanoi promotes tourism among visitors attending SEA Games 31
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour
Vietnamese PM meets American giant corporations in Washington
EC recognizes Vietnam's Covid-19 digital certificates