Hanoi proposes solutions to complete satellite urban planning project
Hanoi is facing many great challenges and needs appropriate solutions to thorny issues.
Hanoi has been promoting investment in the construction of urban development projects, as well as working out solutions to complete the satellite urban planning projects, Kinh te & Do thi reported.
According to Director of the Hanoi Department of Construction Vo Nguyen Phong, the expansion of Hanoi’s administrative boundaries has created many strengths, potential and favorable conditions to build modern urban space with high-quality human resources.
Planning design of Hoa Lac urban area. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
“In addition to the potential and advantages, along with achieving the highest urbanization rate in the country, Hanoi is facing many great challenges and needs appropriate solutions to thorny issues, including traffic congestion, mass transit network development, urban technical infrastructure construction, water and air pollution solutions, among others," said Mr. Vo Nguyen Phong.
He added that in order to overcome challenges and adopt solutions to ensure Hanoi’s sustainable development, his department has proposed a number of measures for effective urbanizationand management, specifically:
- Continuing to complete the overall plans, satellite urban development projects, urbanization program and old apartment building renovation.
- Promoting investment in urban development projects and framework infrastructure; connecting infrastructure between Hanoi’s downtown and satellite urban areas and speeding up urbanization in some outskirts areas.
- Exploiting and maximizing potential and resources; improving investment efficiency, building basic infrastructure with public funding; formulating preferential mechanisms to encourage investment in building technical and social infrastructure.
- Promoting administrative reforms; strengthening accountability of the Party committees and local authorities.
- Encouraging the application of high technologies in managing urban development; raising people’s awareness in urban construction, management and development.
- Vietnam, Australia eye stronger multifaced cooperation
- Hanoi plans new rules on parking
- Hanoi strives to become key pomelo-growing area
- Hanoi raised US$1.3 million for Sea and Islands Fund
- New national-standard schools in Hanoi accredited
- District-level planning key for completing Hanoi’s 2021-2030 master plan: Experts
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
Vietnam, Australia eye stronger multifaced cooperation
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam's GDP growth expands by 3.32% in Q1
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world