Hanoi proposes solutions to complete satellite urban planning project
Hanoi is facing many great challenges and needs appropriate solutions to thorny issues.
Hanoi has been promoting investment in the construction of urban development projects, as well as working out solutions to complete the satellite urban planning projects, Kinh te & Do thi reported.
According to Director of the Hanoi Department of Construction Vo Nguyen Phong, the expansion of Hanoi’s administrative boundaries has created many strengths, potential and favorable conditions to build modern urban space with high-quality human resources.
Planning design of Hoa Lac urban area. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
“In addition to the potential and advantages, along with achieving the highest urbanization rate in the country, Hanoi is facing many great challenges and needs appropriate solutions to thorny issues, including traffic congestion, mass transit network development, urban technical infrastructure construction, water and air pollution solutions, among others," said Mr. Vo Nguyen Phong.
He added that in order to overcome challenges and adopt solutions to ensure Hanoi’s sustainable development, his department has proposed a number of measures for effective urbanizationand management, specifically:
- Continuing to complete the overall plans, satellite urban development projects, urbanization program and old apartment building renovation.
- Promoting investment in urban development projects and framework infrastructure; connecting infrastructure between Hanoi’s downtown and satellite urban areas and speeding up urbanization in some outskirts areas.
- Exploiting and maximizing potential and resources; improving investment efficiency, building basic infrastructure with public funding; formulating preferential mechanisms to encourage investment in building technical and social infrastructure.
- Promoting administrative reforms; strengthening accountability of the Party committees and local authorities.
- Encouraging the application of high technologies in managing urban development; raising people’s awareness in urban construction, management and development.
- Hanoi is World's Leading City Break Destination
- Hanoi to spend $400 million on fire prevention
- Hanoi plans to relocate more universities
- Hanoi upholds heritage education for students
- Amended Capital Law helps bolster urban railway connectivity to Hanoi’s periphery
- Hanoi to pilot two bicycle lanes
- Hanoi targets to generate 130MW from waste-to-energy by 2024
- Hanoi culinary festival 2023 opens
- Amended Capital Law ensures sufficient resources for Hanoi’s development quest: Mayor
- Smart home development helps Vietnam achieve 2050 net zero goal
Hanoi is World's Leading City Break Destination
Vietnam news in brief - December 5
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries