Japanese comic book themed Vietnamese football launched
The manga may help children of the two countries find joy in sports and understand more about teamwork.
For the first time, a manga book, themed on Vietnamese football, is released by a Japanese Publisher, with the coordination of Kim Dong Publishing House.
|The cover of “Son Goal” comic book - Vietnamese version. Photo: Kim Dong Publishing House|
The Vietnamese version of the Japanese comic series entitled “Son Goal” is launched by Kadokawa JSC on July 28 in Hanoi.
Illustrated by Japanese artist Baba Tamio, the book tells the story of Son- the boy of a Brazilian father and a Vietnamese mother. The little boy’s family moved to Vietnam when his father took up a job in the country. In Vietnam, Son made friends with a group of teenagers and helped their football team become a strong one.
According to a representative from Kadokawa Publisher, some famous landscapes of Vietnam are mentioned in the series such as Dragon Bridge or My Khe beach in the central city of Danang City, among others.
“The manga is hoped to help foreigners, including Japanese children understand more about Vietnam and its people,” he said.
As expected, the Japanese version of the manga will be released in Japan in early 2023.
In addition to “Son Goal”, Kadokawa Publisher may cooperate with Vietnamese partners to publish more manga series themed Vietnam in the future.
- Hanoi: Spring festival season is vibrant again
- Co Loa Temple Festival opens
- Vietnamese Poetry Day to take place in Hanoi
- Hanoi: Spring Book Fair opens
- Foreign ambassadors experience Vietnamese Tet in Duong Lam Village
- Hanoi to host fireworks displays at 30 venues on Lunar New Year's Eve 2023
- Diverse Tet Holiday 2023 programs in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Hanoi: diverse cultural activities to welcome Spring of 2023
- Weekend Book Street to enrich reading culture in Hanoi
- Exhibition “Hanoi 1972 - Aspiration for Peace” opens
Vietnam prioritizes macroeconomic stability in 2023: PM
Demand for housing in Hanoi forecast to rise in 2023
Vietnam publishes book on Communist Party chief’s anti-corruption
Hanoi ranked 5th among safest cities in Southeast Asia
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy