MAR 2: Vietnam confirms 11 more coronavirus cases, one village put on lockdown
Some parts of the pandemic epicenter have relaxed movement restrictions for economic recovery.
Vietnam reported 11 additional Covid-19 infections on March 2, including 10 cases in a village in the northern province of Hai Duong, the country's pandemic epicenter.
|Tightening control over precautionary measures remains active in many parts of Vietnam. Photo: VNExpress|
The newest infections drove up the tally in Vietnam to 2,472, including 1,892 convalescents.
The latest movement of Covid-19 brought Kim Dinh village of more than 7,500 people into lockdown status for 14 days starting March 1.
More than 58,000 people have so far been under quarantine at hospital, in concentrated facilities, and at home.
In the past few days, the new cases were found in Hai Duong and the southern province of Dong Thap [from Vietnamese people returning from Cambodia].
The newly-infected cases in Dong Thap have prompted immediate action by regional provinces that border with Cambodia like An Giang, Tay Ninh and Kien Giang. Tightened control over immigration procedures has been required and more border patrols have been conducted.
Meanwhile, other affected localities namely Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong, Hoa Binh, Dien Bien, Ha Giang, Binh Duong, Hung Yen, Bac Giang, Gia Lai, Bac Ninh, and Quang Ninh have undergone from seven to 17 days without new cases.
The temporary containment of Covid-19 in some areas have enabled the ever pandemic-hit cities and provinces to resume economic activities. From March 3, many parts of Hai Duong will be allowed to remove movement restrictions.
- Prime Minister urges proactive response to natural disasters
- Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
- Vietnam, Cuba ink action plan for further economic ties 2023-2025
- Cuban Prime Minister arrives in Vietnam, first visit outside Latin America
- Vietnam’s futsal team win convincing victory against South Korea
- Vietnam expects support from Warburg Pincus in energy and policy development
- Vietnam and Germany prepare for high-ranking exchange visits
- IPP matters a lot to economic growth, innovation: US Ambassador
- [UPDATED] Typhoon Noru hits Central Vietnam, curfew imposed
- Typhoon Noru coming on, Vietnam closes nine airports
Autumn specialties in Hanoi
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam among fastest growing economies in East Asia – Pacific region: WB
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100