Retired doctors and nurses in Hanoi volunteer to prevent Covid-19
More medical staff are needed to support screening and sample taking at Hanoi's Noi Bai airport to prevent Covid-19.
As many as 280 retired doctors and nurses and some 700 medical students have volunteered to participate in the campaign against Covid-19 in Hanoi, Tuoi Tre Online reported.
Given the congestion at Noi Bai International Airport due to a drastic surge in arrivals of overseas Vietnamese, more medical staff are needed to support screening and sample taking at the airport, Deputy Director of the Hanoi Health Department Hoang Duc Hanh said.
Nguyen Nhat Cam, director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said that 100 students from Hanoi Medical University had volunteered to working on sampling at Noi Bai airport.
Besides, 600 students from Public Health University have signed up to participate in the prevention of Covid-19 pandemic in the city, according to Chairman of Bac Tu Liem district’s People Committee Tran The Cuong.
Cuong said the city will train the retired doctors and nurses in the district who have shown willingness to join the fight against the pandemic so that they can help when needed.
- Hanoi, Havana sign partnership to strengthen bilateral ties
- Hanoi speeds up construction of key public projects
- Hanoi eyes new industrial parks to lure foreign investors
- Hanoi, Copenhagen join hands in green city development
- Photo Hanoi'23 drives capital's culture and art development
- The Co Loa Special National Relics to undergo further excavation
- Hanoi committed to establishing administration system for people: Mayor
- Australian Prime Minister tastes banh mi in Hanoi
- Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
- Hanoi's Loyalty Oath Festival listed as National Intangible Cultural Heritage
Students in Hanoi sit for the 10th grade entrance exam
Vietnam News Highlights for June 10
French-Vietnamese singer The Rodeo to perform in Hanoi
Hanoi, Copenhagen join hands in green city development
Michelin stars to motivate Vietnamese cuisine
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet