Retired doctors and nurses in Hanoi volunteer to prevent Covid-19
More medical staff are needed to support screening and sample taking at Hanoi's Noi Bai airport to prevent Covid-19.
As many as 280 retired doctors and nurses and some 700 medical students have volunteered to participate in the campaign against Covid-19 in Hanoi, Tuoi Tre Online reported.
Given the congestion at Noi Bai International Airport due to a drastic surge in arrivals of overseas Vietnamese, more medical staff are needed to support screening and sample taking at the airport, Deputy Director of the Hanoi Health Department Hoang Duc Hanh said.
Nguyen Nhat Cam, director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said that 100 students from Hanoi Medical University had volunteered to working on sampling at Noi Bai airport.
Besides, 600 students from Public Health University have signed up to participate in the prevention of Covid-19 pandemic in the city, according to Chairman of Bac Tu Liem district’s People Committee Tran The Cuong.
Cuong said the city will train the retired doctors and nurses in the district who have shown willingness to join the fight against the pandemic so that they can help when needed.
- Success of US$3.7-billion ring road project is Hanoi’s pride: City Party chief
- Hanoi to pilot real-time reporting system in Q3
- Hanoi Book Fair 2022 reopens after two years
- Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
- Hanoi identifies public investment central to economic recovery
- Hanoi launches action month for drug prevention and control 2022
- Vietnam moves to next development phase in combating corruption: Party chief
- Singapore’s Infrastructure Asia seeks cooperation with Hanoi
- Some 70 investors want to renovate degraded condominiums in Hanoi
- Hanoi expects high-quality investment projects from Daewoo E&C
Vietnam, UK seek closer relations
Hanoi welcomes over 8.6 million visitors in first half of 2022
Agritech, Greentech, Deeptech and Foodtech - foreign funds interests in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in culture, education and tourism