Retired doctors and nurses in Hanoi volunteer to prevent Covid-19
More medical staff are needed to support screening and sample taking at Hanoi's Noi Bai airport to prevent Covid-19.
As many as 280 retired doctors and nurses and some 700 medical students have volunteered to participate in the campaign against Covid-19 in Hanoi, Tuoi Tre Online reported.
Given the congestion at Noi Bai International Airport due to a drastic surge in arrivals of overseas Vietnamese, more medical staff are needed to support screening and sample taking at the airport, Deputy Director of the Hanoi Health Department Hoang Duc Hanh said.
Nguyen Nhat Cam, director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said that 100 students from Hanoi Medical University had volunteered to working on sampling at Noi Bai airport.
Besides, 600 students from Public Health University have signed up to participate in the prevention of Covid-19 pandemic in the city, according to Chairman of Bac Tu Liem district’s People Committee Tran The Cuong.
Cuong said the city will train the retired doctors and nurses in the district who have shown willingness to join the fight against the pandemic so that they can help when needed.
- Hanoi shows strong backing for financial tower project
- VinFast builds new factory in India, reinforcing global reach
- Hanoi’s enlistment day opens
- Hanoi airport sees record international passenger traffic
- Hanoi to build a digital map system for smart tourism
- Hanoi issues digital database development plan for 2024
- East meets West in French colonial villas
- "The Sound of Hanoi" song composition contest debuts
- Hanoi to approve capital planning for 2021-2030 in March
- Hanoi offers conditions for overseas Vietnamese's contributions at home
Vietnam to have 50 million e-wallets in 2024: Report
Hanoi director wins 74th Berlinale Film Award
Vietnam news in brief - February 27
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh expects more from Siemens’ local operations
Tales of recruits: Answering the nation’s call
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22