SEA Games 31 will officially kick-off on May 12, 2022
The sporting event featuring 40 sports with 520 medal events will be held in Hanoi and other 11 provinces and cities.
The 10-day SEA Games 31 will take place in the northern region of Vietnam as of May 12.
Competitions of football and some other sports will start about a week earlier.
|The Sao la, a rare animal first found in Vietnam in 1992, has been chosen as the official mascot of the 31st Southeast Asian Games.|
The sporting event featuring 40 sports with 520 medal events will be held in Hanoi and other 11 provinces and cities including Bac Ninh, Hai Duong, Bac Giang, Haiphong, Quang Ninh, Ha Nam, Nam Dinh, Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh, Vinh Phuc, Phu Tho.
The event was scheduled to take place in November this year, however, it has been postponed until May next year due to the widespread of novel coronavirus.
The Hanoi People’s Committee will host the opening and closing ceremonies of the 31st SEA Games with the support of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
The Ministry of Finance is responsible for arranging funding for the biggest sports tournament in Southeast Asia.
According to the SEA Games Organizing Committee, it is expected that 70-80% of the population of Southeast Asian would be fully Covid-19 vaccinated by May, 2022.
The timing of SEA Games 31 would not coincide with that of major games in 2022 such as the Winter Olympics (February 2022), the Asian Martial Arts & Indoor Games (February 22, 2022), Commonwealth Games (July 2022) and Asiad (September 2022).
SEA Games 32 will take place in Phnom Penh from May 5 to 17, 2023.
- ASEAN Film Week 2022 to debut in Hanoi
- SEA Games 31 closing ceremony: the warmest and dearest farewell from Vietnam
- “Vietnamese runners are my second family”: Timor Lester athlete at SEA Games 31
- Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
- Hanoi specialty gifts for SEA Games 31 delegates
- Hanoi athletes’ sublime performances win gold medals in dancesport
- Hanoi promotes tourism among visitors attending SEA Games 31
- SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour
- SEA Games 31: Spectacular opening ceremony raises spirit for stronger Southeast Asia
- New France-funded project to preserve Vietnamese heritage
IPEF should treasure openness, inclusiveness and transparency: foreign ministry
Muoi Sau sweet soups- the quintessence of Hanoi’s nosh
Vietnam seeks to contribute to peace and stability in Asia
Facebook to charge 5% VAT on ad services in Vietnam
Vietnam seeks opportunities for sustainable education partnerships
“Vietnamese runners are my second family”: Timor Lester athlete at SEA Games 31
Hanoi wants to build second int’l airport in Thuong Tin
Hanoi handicrafts attract international SEA Games 31 guests
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary