Vietnam applies automatic customs management system at Noi Bai Airport
The system helps reduce the average clearance time at Noi Bai Airport from up to six hours to less than 10 minutes.
The Ministry of Finance, the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) and Hanoi's Department of Customs jointly launched on September 29 the Vietnam Automatic System for Customs Management (VASCM) at Noi Bai International Airport.
|Overview of the launching ceremony. Source: GDVC.|
At the launching ceremony, Director of Hanoi Customs Department Duong Phu Dong said the system proved successful after two years of pilot implementation by processing 99.5% of the consignments.
According to Mr. Dong, the VASCM processes an average of 5,300 shipments per day at Noi Bai Airport and helps reduce the average clearance time from up to six hours to less than 10 minutes.
The launch of the system, along with the National Single Window, would significantly change the operation of customs authorities from paper-based to relying on modern technologies in all processes of clearance.
Notably, as the VASCM would be able to process information of shipments before the flight arrives, the system could identify high risk shipments that would require a more thorough check.
This would help the customs to timely prevent acts of smuggling and trade frauds.
Moreover, these two systems are expected to help airlines, logistics companies and trading firms to save time and costs during the clearance process, a key step to enhance businesses’ competitiveness an efficiency.
Vice Minister of Finance Vu Thi Mai requested the GDVC to ensure efficiency in operating the system and minimize any inconvenience that it may causes to businesses’ activities, while planning to launch the system at other airports, including Tan Son Nhat International Airport this year.
- Vietnam’s economy shows encouraging signs: AMRO
- Vietnam’s GDP growth forecast to expand by 4.7% in 2023: WB
- Vietnam’s economy remains resilient amid weakening global demand
- Hanoi boosts e-commerce adoption in farm produce sales
- US urged to recognize Vietnam’s market economy status
- Vietnam desires stronger ties between ASEAN and China
- PM seeks stronger transport links with China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
- Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh touches down in China for Expo and summit
- Vietnam facilitates China-Southeast Asia economic cooperation
- The Hanoi Great Souvenirs 2023 fair opens
Vietnam’s economy shows encouraging signs: AMRO
Vietnam news in brief - October 4
Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
Musical tells old Hanoi story
Decentralization, regulatory reform, fair compensation key to accelerating Hanoi's urban rail project
Hanoian beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2023
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor