Eggs Festival held in Vietnam gather Michelin cooks
The “Eggs Festival” aims to honor chefs’ creations with egg dishes.
A food festival showcasing the variety of dishes that are made from eggs was held for the first time in Hanoi.
|Chef Hoang Tung is one of the judges of the Creative Chefs contest. Photo: TUNG Dining|
Innovative egg dishes are made by five celebrity guest chefs, including Hervé Rodriguez - French Michelin chef, owner and head chef of Herve Dining restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City; Hoang Tung, who runs T.U.N.G Dining restaurant, one of the Top 100 best restaurants in Asia in 2021 voted by The World’s 50 best; Vo Hoang Nhan - Vietnam Top Chef Champion 2014; Le Xuan Tam - Chairman of the World Association of Super Chefs in Vietnam and Chief Chef of Moo Beef restaurant; and Nguyen Thi Ngoc Quyen -head chef at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi.
These five guest chefs also acted as judges for the Creative Chefs contest, in which 10 chefs across Vietnam competed for the best egg dishes. Some typical dishes are including grilled egg with cheese, egg omelet with mushroom, Quesadilla with egg, cheese and Bina vegetable, among others.
Participants to the festival had a chance to take photos with a fantastic egg installation featuring three giant eggs and 50 ostrich eggs that have been artistically painted for the event, as well as visit booths introducing grocery and chicken utensils from local brands.
The Eggs Festival is an activity within the Vietnamese Family Day 2022 celebrations. It is organized by the Vietnam Art and Culture Exhibition Center in cooperation with the Hanoi Media Association, the Hanoi Professional Chefs Association, the World Super Chefs Association in Vietnam, and the Megalink Media.
The festival was opened to the public on June 26 at Van Ho Exhibition Center in Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi.
- Japanese comic book themed Vietnamese football launched
- “S-Express Vietnam 2022” introduces Southeast Asia short films in Vietnam
- Vietnam Youth Theater to stage Norwegian play
- Hanoi hosts International Master Chess Tournament
- Photo exhibition pays tribute to revolutionary meritorious persons
- Exhibition pay tribute to war heroes and martyrs in Hoa Lo Prison
- Pico Play to open new facility in Haiphong this year
- Hanoi International Film Festival 2022 to open in November
- Vietnamese photographer to be a visual storyteller on Discovery
- Lao Culture Week in Hanoi, Danang and Hoi An
Vietnam needs financial resources to advance gender equality
Over US$34 billion set to pour into Vietnam’s real estate market this year
“Produce more from less”: Danish agricultural philosophy for Vietnam
One Year After, One Year Lost
Cultural industry to contribute 5% of Hanoi’s GRDP by 2025
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi