Eggs Festival held in Vietnam gather Michelin cooks
The “Eggs Festival” aims to honor chefs’ creations with egg dishes.
A food festival showcasing the variety of dishes that are made from eggs was held for the first time in Hanoi.
|Chef Hoang Tung is one of the judges of the Creative Chefs contest. Photo: TUNG Dining|
Innovative egg dishes are made by five celebrity guest chefs, including Hervé Rodriguez - French Michelin chef, owner and head chef of Herve Dining restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City; Hoang Tung, who runs T.U.N.G Dining restaurant, one of the Top 100 best restaurants in Asia in 2021 voted by The World’s 50 best; Vo Hoang Nhan - Vietnam Top Chef Champion 2014; Le Xuan Tam - Chairman of the World Association of Super Chefs in Vietnam and Chief Chef of Moo Beef restaurant; and Nguyen Thi Ngoc Quyen -head chef at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi.
These five guest chefs also acted as judges for the Creative Chefs contest, in which 10 chefs across Vietnam competed for the best egg dishes. Some typical dishes are including grilled egg with cheese, egg omelet with mushroom, Quesadilla with egg, cheese and Bina vegetable, among others.
Participants to the festival had a chance to take photos with a fantastic egg installation featuring three giant eggs and 50 ostrich eggs that have been artistically painted for the event, as well as visit booths introducing grocery and chicken utensils from local brands.
The Eggs Festival is an activity within the Vietnamese Family Day 2022 celebrations. It is organized by the Vietnam Art and Culture Exhibition Center in cooperation with the Hanoi Media Association, the Hanoi Professional Chefs Association, the World Super Chefs Association in Vietnam, and the Megalink Media.
The festival was opened to the public on June 26 at Van Ho Exhibition Center in Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi.
- Photo exhibition showcases Vietnamese heritage to the delight of Hanoians
- K-pop show rocks Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc square
- European-Vietnamese documentary film festival to open in late September
- "Nostalgic Full Moon Festival" in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- VietNam Design Week 2023 to open in late September
- Singing contest celebrates Vietnam-Japan diplomatic relations
- Vietnam wins giant prizes at World Flower Council Summit 2023
- French-Vietnamese duet Maxime Zecchini & Chuong Vu to perform in Hanoi
- Competition launched for foreign and overseas Vietnamese singer-songwriters
- Hanoi Singing Contest is back in new version
Hanoi fervently celebrates Mid-Autumn Festival
Vietnam news in brief - September 28
Hanoi's road patching heroes: For the safety of road travelers
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting