Vietnam operates 2nd flight to repatriate citizens from Canada
So far, nearly 600 Vietnamese citizens have been repatriated from Canada.
Vietnam Airlines, the national flag carrier, on May 9 operated a flight to repatriate nearly 300 Vietnamese citizens from Canada, the second of its kind from the North American country over the past 10 days.
|Passengers landed at Van Don International Airport on May 9. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
With this flight, Vietnam Airlines has brought home nearly 600 Vietnamese citizens from Canada.
The second flight, VN9, from Vancouver to Van Don airport in northern Vietnam brought back people who are children under 18, the elderly, the sick, and students whose dormitories shut down.
All passengers have been quarantined after they landed in Vietnam as required by regulations on pandemic prevention and control.
On the way from Hanoi to Vancouver on May 8, Vietnam Airlines flew back a number of Canadian citizens.
According to Vietnam Airlines, a group of nearly 30 crew members served the return flight of nearly 20,000 km.
Earlier on April 30, nearly 300 Vietnamese citizens were repatriated on a flight from Toronto.
Vietnam Airlines has been carrying out a number of repatriation flights as requested by the government of Vietnam amid the global lockdown.
So far, it has repatriated more than 2,000 citizens from the UK, Japan, US, Canada, UAE, France, Spain, Russia, Thailand, and Indonesia, among others.
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
- Vietnam, Singapore parliaments ink agreement to boost cooperation
- PM ends US trip with prospects of enhanced relations
- Greece wants to be transshipment hub for Vietnam goods to EU
- Vietnam seeks UNICEF support for children-focused SDGs by 2030
- Vietnam seeks climate finance from G7
- Hanoi gives SEA Games 31 warm, thoughtful welcome
- Vietnam, Laos boost construction of road linking two capital cities
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
- Visitors to Vietnam no longer required Covid-19 testing
SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
Hanoi earmarks US$1 billion for Ring road No.4 project
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour