Vietnam operates 2nd flight to repatriate citizens from Canada
So far, nearly 600 Vietnamese citizens have been repatriated from Canada.
Vietnam Airlines, the national flag carrier, on May 9 operated a flight to repatriate nearly 300 Vietnamese citizens from Canada, the second of its kind from the North American country over the past 10 days.
|Passengers landed at Van Don International Airport on May 9. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
With this flight, Vietnam Airlines has brought home nearly 600 Vietnamese citizens from Canada.
The second flight, VN9, from Vancouver to Van Don airport in northern Vietnam brought back people who are children under 18, the elderly, the sick, and students whose dormitories shut down.
All passengers have been quarantined after they landed in Vietnam as required by regulations on pandemic prevention and control.
On the way from Hanoi to Vancouver on May 8, Vietnam Airlines flew back a number of Canadian citizens.
According to Vietnam Airlines, a group of nearly 30 crew members served the return flight of nearly 20,000 km.
Earlier on April 30, nearly 300 Vietnamese citizens were repatriated on a flight from Toronto.
Vietnam Airlines has been carrying out a number of repatriation flights as requested by the government of Vietnam amid the global lockdown.
So far, it has repatriated more than 2,000 citizens from the UK, Japan, US, Canada, UAE, France, Spain, Russia, Thailand, and Indonesia, among others.
- Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum in Hanoi welcomes 1.2 million visitors in Q1
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
Vietnam's site listed among world top destinations for hot air balloon rides
News highlights for April 1, 2023
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Hanoi fosters mass cycling
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world