Prime Minister gives green lights to border gate economic zones
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has allowed localities to use state capital and social resources to upgrade eight border gate economic zones in the period 2021-25.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has agreed on the plan to select eight border gate economic zones as investment priorities for the 2021-25 period.
|Lao Cai International Border Gate.|
These include border gate economic zones of Mong Cai (Quang Ninh province), Dong Dang – Lang Son (Lang Son province), Lao Cai (Lao Cai province), Cao Bang (Cao Bang province), Cau Treo (Ha Tinh province), Lao Bao (Quang Tri province), Moc Bai (Tay Ninh province) and An Giang (An Giang province).
PM Phuc tasked the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) to instruct related cities and provinces in utilizing state capital and social resources to upgrade existing infrastructure system to ensure the sustainable development of border gate economic zones.
Local people’s committees are responsible for setting up investment portfolio in compliance with objectives, criteria and amount of funds allocated for public investment in the 2021-25 period.
Mr. Phuc called for greater responsibilities from local authorities in providing state and local funds to support the development of border gate economic zones, especially eight in the priority list.
Government agencies should ensure funds allocated for border gate economic zones are used for the right purpose.
- Economic diplomacy catalyzes Vietnam’s development: PM
- Vietnam moves up 12 places in EIU’s business environment ranking
- Vietnamese Gov’t aims to approve North-South express railway project by 2025
- US-based infrastructure investment fund promises US$1 billion for Vietnam
- Vietnam ready upgrade US ties on 10th anniversary of comprehensive partnership
- Largest-ever US business delegation seeks investment opportunities in Vietnam
- China's Sunny Group plans US$2.5 billion investment in Vietnam
- $8 billion to be pumped into Vietnam’s Central Coast
- FDI to Vietnam’s real estate rises by over 70% in 2022
- Laos vows to facilitate Vietnam's investors
Vietnamese PM visits world’s 3rd largest civil aircraft manufacturer
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters